Mirantis has more experience delivering OpenStack clouds to more customers than any other company. We build the infrastructure that makes OpenStack work. We are profitable, have strong investors, and ample cash reserves. We are proud to be Founding sponsors of OpenStack, and to serve on the OpenStack Foundation Board.
What Linux was to open source and operating systems, OpenStack is to cloud computing. It makes programmable infrastructure vendor-neutral and frictionless to access, not to mention it unlocks distributed applications and accelerates innovation. OpenStack transforms virtualization from an efficiency to a whole new compute paradigm.
If you’re an ambitious Python software engineer and thrive on working on tough, real-world problems, you want to work here. We are building a data center management product (FUEL) which can become the standard choice of a simple but powerful OpenStack deployment tool. We want you to bring ideas of how it should look and implement it. With the tool presently used to deploy OpenStack at the moment, we have an ambitious roadmap which includes live upgrades, network devices management, SDN devices integration and many more.
- Design and implement new features for FUEL in Python (backend)
- Perform researches in order to find the best approaches to implement certain features
- Take the lead on development process when needed
- Drive the collaboration process with other team members
- Engage in conversations with the community that we are building around the product
- Exchange ideas and find ways to improve the FUEL and OpenStack
- Excellent communication skills
- Spoken English
- Experience or strong desire in technical leadership
- Excellent knowledge of the Python ecosystem
- Knowledge of Linux and L2-L7 networking
- Technical leadership in past
- Systems administration in Linux
- Experience with DevOps practices, Chef & Puppet
- Experience with HA solutions (e.g. – for MySQL, RabbitMQ)
What We Offer:
- Work with exceptionally passionate, talented and engaging colleagues
- High-energy atmosphere of a young company, competitive compensation package
- Strong benefits plan
- Lots of freedom for creativity and personal growth
- Medical insurance