The Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology (Skoltech) is proud to announce the creation of a Radar Space Systems Engineer position in the Strategic Innovation Research Group (SIRG) and seeks outstanding candidates to fulfill this important role.
The Skoltech is a startup university, to be located in the innovation zone called Skolkovo, outside of Moscow - sometimes called the “Russian Silicon Valley.” Launched in collaboration with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in 2011, Skoltech will have cutting-edge research and graduate educational programs with experiences in innovation and entrepreneurship wholly integrated. Skoltech will attract, educate, and engage the best talent from within the Russian Federation and overseas, interacting closely with research laboratories, ventures, and industrial partners, and helping to create a crucible of economic and entrepreneurial activity based on the application of science and technology.
Reporting directly to Assistant Professor, Alessandro Golkar, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the development of a miniaturized Synthetic Aperture Radar for nanosatellites;
- Providing preliminary design, implementation, testing and documentation of space systems and payload development projects;
- Designing, developing and implementing the remote sensing payloads and nanosatellite space systems with particular emphasis on miniaturized synthetic aperture radar payloads;
- Supporting of the development project throughout its entire lifecycle (from conception to operations);
- Teamwork and mentoring of junior researchers;
- Participating in international projects and grant writing.
Experience and Qualifications:
- A Master’s degree in electronics, telecommunications engineering or equivalent. A Ph.D. is a plus;
- At least 5 years of working experience in radar systems design, development, integration, and implementation;
- Proven track record in space systems development projects;
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to deal with faculty, staff and students and other internal contacts;
- Excellent customer service skills and attitude;
- Good oral and written skills in English and Russian languages;
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced start-up environment with a diverse international team.
Other Key Relations:
- Doctoral researchers at the SIRG;
- Junior researchers at the SIRG.
- The successful candidate will be paid a competitive compensation package commensurate with the important responsibilities of this role.