Regulatory Derivatives Reporting is a new application domain set up for meeting regulatory requirements on OTC derivatives - such as EMIR in Europe, Dodd-Frank in US, and recently more jurisdictions in APAC, Switzerland, South Africa, etc. These regulations require banks and financial institutions to report derivatives to designated Trade Repositories, approved and supervised by regulatory institutions.
The domain has a massive flow of new functionality requirements coming from new regulations and large initiatives like MIFID2. It also has a huge focus on architecture work to make the systems modular/scalable/reliable and decrease time to market for new development.
The technology stack is Java for business logic, Drools for rules engine, Oracle for database storage, Apache Storm for data processing, Java Maps/ Hazelcast for caching, Cognos and IBM BM for reporting, Solace/ JMS / IBM MQ for messaging.
There is a new development team being set up in Saint Petersburg to take on both new functionality projects and architecture simplification projects.
This position is for Senior QA Automation Engineer.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Work with FAs and dev leads on building test cases
- Perform functional, regression, load and stress testing
- Plan and implement full set of test automation activities: create, maintain and execute automated tests.
- Develop and extend in-house testing automation tools and test frameworks
- Take initiative and lead to optimise a length of test cycle and therefore time to market for new functionality
Required skills and knowledge:
- 3+ years of experience in Software Development or Quality Assurance
- Knowledge of Java
- Knowledge of SQL
- Shell scripting
- At least intermediate English
- Good testing and troubleshooting experience across software development lifecycle
- Experience in using automated testing and automated tests development
- Experience in test case and test plan development
- Good communication skills
Preferable skills and knowledge:
- Experience working in distributed teams
- Understanding of banking systems and processes is a huge advantage
- Source code control systems (SVN, GIT) knowledge
- Test lead experience
- Experience with Unix/Solaris