SDE is instrumental in implementation of the Company Sourcing ambitious game plan in the region. SDE leads work on development of new suppliers for GE by providing technical leadership and manufacturing support for the suppliers whose goals are to drive increased quality standards through manufacturing process improvements, tooling, equipment, and implementation of advanced QMS. SDE actively collaborates with Global Sourcing Commodity and Quality teams of GE businesses to be continuously up to date on new requirements in assigned commodity.
Key responsibilities include:
- Serve as an expert resource to the business to identify, develop and qualify sustainable long term suppliers for forgings and gears in following areas:
- Deep knowledge & understanding of forgings manufacturing process: steel and steel alloys, non-ferrous metals (Ti, Al); knowledge of worlds industrial modern requirements & best practices for forgings shops
- Good understanding of machining processes & advanced industrial requirements
- for machining operations & surface treatment
- Understanding of metallurgy & materials, regional and international standards
- Deep knowledge of NDT (international and regional requirements)
- Advanced knowledge of internationally acknowledged QMS including GE Quality systems, e-tools and procedures to drive process quality improvements and leverage statistical tools for evaluation of process
- Capability to support design engineering reviews & approval process and internal NPI process
- Deep understanding of quality assurance process: preparation and approval of Manufactring Process Plan, Product & Process Quality Plan, product quality reviews, verification of quality documentation, monitoring compliance, and closure of qualification.
- Knowledge and understanding of document control, design changes, verification, validation, acceptance activity and NCR/DMR
- Serve as a change agent by influencing, communicating and institutionalizing a culture of simplification and standardization in the field of suppliers’ development and qualification – seek, share and institutionalize best practices
- Drive Know Your Supplier (KYS) Policy compliance; identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
- Provide should cost analysis for components in assigned commodities, seek productivity opportunities at suppliers
- Drive improved product quality by identifying manufacturing issues, developing cost-effective solutions, and overseeing successful implementation into production.
- Identify and help to resolve existent or potential capacity bottlenecks at the supplier
- Communicate progress, status and issues to the business leaders
- Work with Production Associates and Engineers to resolve manufacturing and quality problems related to methods, processes, tooling, equipment and product design.
- Participate in new product introductions through process layout, tool development, new equipment and process changes
- Be capable to support , if necessary, other than forgings/gears commodity group such as Fabrications, Raw Materials (steel products), Castings and Machined Parts
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Metallurgy
- 5+ years of experience with metallurgical, forgings/stampings shops or in Forgings/Gears SQE/SDE position
- Additional leadership experience in the areas of operations, manufacturing and quality is preferred
- Change agent with strong credibility and influencein the organization
- Demonstrated ability to motivate others and achieve results
- Strong analytical, planning and quantitative skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, abilty to effectively operate in matrix culture
- Previous Project Management Experience in suppliers’ development area
- Demonstrated ability to identify & implement best practices.
- SixSigma experience
- Fluent Russian and English (oral & written)