IPONWEB is a truly global organization that is founded in 2001 in the UK. With more than 300 employees, we have offices, staff and reseller partnerships in Russia, Germany, US, UK, Japan, with clients in 20+ countries, hosted on more than 2000 servers around the globe.
Our sysop position is based in Moscow office. This is a full time employment that assumes reporting to the lead of sysop team.
- Setup of the new production projects using puppetized configurations, open source and our private in-house software and cloud or dedicated hosting environments;
- Manage databases, mostly Mongo sharded clusters;
- Participate in the development of our main Puppet configuration template that applies to all projects;
- Deploy, test and (sometimes, heh) rollback new releases;
- Maintain service stability and solve issues on the early stage;
- Write postmortems and perform actions if you miss the previous item;
- Sometimes participate in 24/7 duty service (for bonus money, more details on the interview);
- Write good self-documented scripts and configurations (and useful documentation when just good script is not enough).
- Written communication with English-speaking employees, clients and hosting providers.
Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years experience in support of the Linux/UNIX-based project with several well loaded servers in;
- Excellent knowledge of TCP/IP networks;
- Understanding of the configuration management concepts;
- Experience in writing scripts (bash, Python, Perl or any other widely used scripting language);
- Experience in usage of the automation tools, monitoring systems and package management;
- Good written English (speaking English is not required, but nice to have).
- Ability to set priorities and to take responsibility.
- Working in professional team;
- Projects for international clients ;
- Professional and personal growth, studying new technologies;
- Internal and external seminars;
- Flexy hours;
- Working performance review system;
- Payable overtime;
- Medical expenses compensation.