Odin, a business unit of Ingram Micro Inc. (NYSE: IM), provides the software that powers the cloud ecosystem, from small and local hosters to some of the world’s largest telecommunication companies. By partnering with Odin, service providers gain access to industry expertise, a catalog of the most in-demand cloud applications, and the most comprehensive selection of software including web server management, server virtualization, provisioning, and billing automation.
A Technical Support Engineer is responsible for providing quality and professional support for Odin products, serving customers from all over the world 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This role processes technical requests related to Odin products and interacts with customers over the phone, by email and in chat. TSE’s interact with different cultures, and get to solve customer and technical challenges every day! For anyone who is interested in building a career with opportunities for promotions, and the potential to gain skills that may lead to international travel and exciting jobs on-site with customers, then this is the place to start! Come join one of the most exciting technology companies in the world and start building your career today.
- Investigate customer issues reported, troubleshoot and identify solutions and root causes
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers by email, by phone and in chat
- Ensure proper recording and closure of all issues in the request tracker
- Ensure that problems are solved by applying the correct procedures and documentation, and providing feedback according to SLA
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams
- Document knowledge in the form of knowledge base tech notes and articles
- Adhere to defined standards and measures for quality and customer satisfaction requirements.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Engineering (preferably Computer Science) or equivalent
- Previous experience as a system administrator (Windows Server/ Unix) with more than 1 year experience
- Practical experience which include configuring, daily maintenance, troubleshooting of all following services – ability to provide examples of troubleshooting and resolve test troubleshooting cases
- Apache / IIS
- Mail – Qmail / MS Exchange
- Database servers – MySQL, MSSQL, PostrgeSQL
- DNS servers
- Advanced practical experience with database management and querying in SQL – ability to compose/analyze a query on request
- Practical experience with networking and network services configuration – ability to provide examples of troubleshooting and resolve test troubleshooting cases
- IP addressing and subnetting, routing concepts
- Understanding of system logs and experience with troubleshooting/monitoring utilities
- Microsoft, RedHat or LPI certificates (optional but would be a good bonus)
DESIRABLE SKILLS THAT WOULD BE A PLUS:
- Fluent English
- Previous experience as a system administrator (Windows Server/ *nix/ Mac OS) with more than 1 year experience
- Ability and willingness to work night shifts
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Logical and Analytical Thinking
- Problem solving and investigation
- Ability to stay calm & focused under pressure
- Time management and ability to deliver on deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively with others
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Employment with an international IT company
- Competitive salary
- Periodic salary review and increase based on the demonstrated performance.
- Medical insurance including dental. Also, a doctor is available in the office.
- Parking for company employees.
- Swimming pool two times a week
- Tea, coffee, fruit, and sweets
- Corporate events
- Hairdresser’s services in the office