Global Prime Finance is a leading provider of financial solutions to hedge funds and hedge fund investors. We offer an integrated suite of services that includes Prime Brokerage, Structured Equity Finance, Trade Execution and Capital Introduction.
Global Prime Finance business is currently starting a multi-year effort to build an automatic processing of synthetic equity corporate actions as a part of Equity Swaps System platform. There is a new development team being set up in Saint Petersburg providing the opportunity to join the effort at an early stage and become an owner of an application in distributed and multi-cultural environment.
The technology stack is Java for business logic, Sybase and Oracle for database storage, Solace/ JMS / IBM MQ for messaging.
This position is for Technical lead
Successful candidate will be involved into all aspects of the development lifecycle and will be responsible for architectural decisions, requirements clarification, estimation, planning, communication with major project stakeholders and leading the team of 5-10 members.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Team management and engagement
- Architectural activities
- Estimation and planning
- New features’ design and development
- Documentation of new functionality
- Performing of code reviews
- Effective communication with the Development Management, Product Management and other projects staff
- SDLC process setup
- Release coordination and SL3 support
- Minimum 6 years experience of professional development on Java language
- Minimum 1 year Team/Dev lead experience
- Excellent knowledge of core Java
- Multi-threading and concurrent skills
- Unix user / developer
- SQL knowledge
- Experience with Investment Banking and Equity Trading business is a plus
- Agile/XP development experience including test driven development is a plus
- Good communication skills
- English: intermediate and above