Our client is a global and juridical firm that provides the full range of Intellectual Property services from patent and trademark protection and management to commercialization and global enforcement and anti-counterfeiting programs.
Our client is strongly developing on the Russian market and is looking for a Trademark Attorney to provide legal and related services to clients and colleagues with intellectual property issues in Russia, CIS and elsewhere as appropriate).
An important aspect of the position is to bring to the practice an infectious enthusiasm for trademark law and practice, and a good broad understanding of or thirst for knowledge about IP generally.
It is also important to have a good understanding of international trademark practice.
- The ability to handle national, regional and global trade mark prosecution.
- The ability to work closely with multi-national sophisticated clients managing world-famous brands.
Normal Job Tasks
- The usual work of a trade mark attorney - searching, filing, prosecuting and maintaining trade mark.
- The candidate will be expected to undertake a significant amount of fee-earning work with minimal supervision but be keen to develop as a practitioner and learn from those around him/her.
- Ideally, the recruit will also be willing and able to support the rest of the IP practice of the office as required, whether it be because of workload or staff absence. This would involve dealing with enforcement issues with Customs and the police, and litigation in the courts.
- The successful candidate will be required to undertake business development to help grow the practice. This will entail attending overseas conferences, and visiting clients/potential clients in Europe and North America.
- Direct client contact is encouraged and, quickly, we would expect the candidate's responsibility to increase to include client management and business development.
- Problem solver/solution focussed
- Capable of working under pressure and meeting deadlines
- Good people management and team-work skills
- A trade mark attorney with 0-5 years of experience in trademark prosecution work, including instructing and managing associates in foreign countries.
- A genuine interest in trade mark law and a real desire to learn more generally about IP.
- Rospatent qualification.
- Knowledge of WebTMS would be a plus.
- Excellent oral and written English.
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Collaborative at all levels
- Hands-on approach to work