Playtech is the world's largest online gaming software supplier traded on the London Stock Exchange Main Market, offering cutting-edge, value added solutions to the industry's leading operators. Company's business portfolio consists of the most prominent names in the business, including William Hill, Netplay, Betfred, Mansion, Bet365, etc.
Playtech develops unified software platforms and content for the online and land-based gaming industry, together with providing a range of ancillary services such as marketing, hosting and CRM services. Leading gaming applications include casino, poker, bingo, sports betting, live gaming, casual and fixed odds games.
Behind the eminent success of Playtech's products and services there are around 5,000 employees with offices and development centers in 14 countries, the majority of whom are engaged in research and development of current and future gaming.
Mobile & Web Platform is a product in Playtech portfolio built on Liferay Portal Framework and enriched with custom developed CMS features. The platform offers a joint solution for mobile and web clients and is delivered as out of the box portal product or as a part of complex customer-tailored solutions. This is the truly open platform which provides a flexible solution maximizing player gaming experience whilst minimizing operational costs.
Mobile & Web Services department is looking for an experienced, result-oriented and creative person with deep QA knowledge, spirit of innovation and outstanding communication skills. This person should be ready to assure quality on each stage of product life cycle, introduce industry-accepted best practices, build a transparent and productive QA process and assure the best quality possible under the condition of ever-changing world of gaming. QA Lead should find the right technical approach to the product and the right psychological approach to each team member.
From the one hand, this person should see the picture in the whole and understand general status, areas for improvements and the shortest way to achieve big goals taking small steps. From the other hand, s/he should actively participate in the daily routine, plan and track each QA activity and create detailed and profound reports shedding light on each important aspect of product quality & team efficiency.
- Build QA team and manage it, participate in people coaching & motivation
- Plan and coordinate workload and activities for QA team in a clear and transparent way
- Do systematic reporting on quality status, risks, plans & performed work based on formal metrics and measurements
- Analyze requirements for new functionality, ensure their quality and testability, escalate the issues about project requirements to a scrum master and QA manager
- Provide high-level effort estimations for new product features
- Design and execute test strategies
- Ensure structure and content of all testing documents and artifacts
- Check for timely delivery of different milestones
- Constantly communicate with a Scrum Master regarding the changes in the scope/ priorities / deadlines and adjust the process to business needs
- Support development team in white-box testing implementation
- Cooperate with QA Manager in investigation and adoption of new tools, methods and procedures
- Establish test automation and systematically increase its coverage
- Guide the team overall on building automation coverage for the product suite, providing strategy time correlation between manual test coverage and writing automation.
- Constantly learn from experience and be pro-active in providing corrective or preventive actions
- Develop strategies for improving team productivity and product quality
- Actively participate in QA related activities
- Experience in managing teams of at least 3 QA Engineers.
- Experience in testing of web and/or mobile applications (3+ years)
- Experience in set up and usage of Test Management tools (Jira, QC, TestLink)
- Experience in Test Automation
- Good understanding of SSO/SSL/HTML/CSS/JSON/JS
- Unix experience (administrator level)
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Proactive, results-oriented personality
- Ability to multitasking, work under pressure and meeting aggressive deadlines
- Fluent business English
- BSC/MS in either Software Engineering or Computer Science
As an advantage:
- Experience working in Agile Scrum model
- Java+Spring/Selenium+TestNG Automation test writing experience.
- Deep knowledge of Web environment products (Tomcat, Apache, Ant, Maven, Git)
- Software development background, understanding of development frameworks
- Knowledge of online gaming and mobile standards
- QA certification (IIST, CSTE, ISTQB & ISEB)
- Professional growth
- Educational possibilities
- Competitive compensation
- Fully-equipped perfect office space located in the city center ("Palats Sportu" metro station)
- Warm and friendly attitude to every specialist
- Possibility to work with a product company
If you are creative, "out of box thinker" and ambitious enough to make a difference in such a large scale International business, you are more than welcome to apply for one of our open positions at Playtech Kyiv. We'll contact you if there's a fit with one of our opportunities.