Working together for a healthier world Founded in 1849, Pfizer is the world's premier biopharmaceutical company taking new approaches to better health. We discover, develop, manufacture and deliver quality, safe and effective prescription medicines to treat and help prevent disease for people. We also partner with healthcare providers, governments and local communities around the world to expand access to our medicines and to provide better quality health care and health system support. At Pfizer, colleagues in more than 90 countries work every day to help people stay happier and healthier longer and to reduce the human and economic burden of disease worldwide.
This position reports locally to the Moscow Global Operations and Business Resilience Lead and formally to the Pfizer Global Operations Regional EHS Lead. The EHS Specialist will work closely with the Business Resilience Officer in Russia to provide safety expertise and risk management guidance for the Moscow Commercial Headquarters and across Russia.
An overview of the role is provided below, followed by a detailed job description:
- Local EHS Specialist is responsible for ensuring the Office Safety Standard is operated and updated.
- Security Management (serve as main support for the Site Security Officer)
- Crisis Management (serve as Site Crisis Management Coordinator (SCMC) and be the main support for Country Crisis Management Coordinator (CCMC))
- Business Continuity Coordinator for Pfizer Russia
- Building Fire Life Safety Assurance.
- Fleet Safety
- Support and update the fleet safety programmes
- Responsible for ensuring the Office Safety Standard is operated.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with applicable corporate standards and guidelines as well as statutory legislation.
- Responsible for legislation compliance, reporting and communication including the incident investigation and reporting to local authorities.
- Ensure EHS training is properly delivered according to the local legislation and Global Pfizer requirements.
- Support in-country Fleet Safety Program and to achieve driver collision and injury reduction goals as agreed with r egional fleet safety lead. Develop strategies and plans for program improvement.
- Deliver the role of the local EHS Coordinator and Country EHS contact for the Management of other Environment, Health and Safety programmes as required by Global Operations. Deliver the compliance with the existing Office Safety Standards and ensure the requirements of the Office Safety Manual are delivered through training and behavior reinforcement.
- Conducts fire life safety audits on buildings as required and support the remediation of issues and training of staff as required.
- Prepares annual EHS targets based on annual system and performance review and communicates progress using appropriate metrics.
- Supports all Global Operations EHS activities within Russia as required.
Business Resilience Responsibilities:
- Business Resilience includes the combination of Emergency Management, Crisis Management, Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery. Coordinate and manage Business Resilience maintenance and operations across the Moscow sites and Russia. Communicate expectations and requirements of colleagues.
- Work with business units to conduct annual risk assessments and identify critical business processes. Maintain business resilience plans (including Business Continuity, Emergency, & Crisis Management Plans), in coordination with Business Resilience Officer.
- Provide support and guidance on Fire Safety legislation and corporate Fire Life Safety Standards to all Pfizer facilities in Russia.
- Support the implementation of global and regional business resilience initiatives and methodologies.
- Participate and support in business resilience training and exercises as required.
- Be the site point of contact for Business Resilience Officer and Global Security for the following aspects:
- incidents or crisis events,
- in support of investigation activity.
- Maintain awareness of the Pfizer security standard (our "Minimum Security Requirements"). Implement recommendations after site security assessments by Global Security. Support to conduct an annual risk assessment of the business function (including all regional offices) and ensure that appropriate security measures are in place.
- Educate and inform the business about relevant security programs and issues if necessary.
- Ensure there is a security induction process for new starters.
- Develop and implement policy and procedures to ensure business compliance, including routine exposure to regulators.
- Ensure an on-going review and maintenance of the business resilience, EHS and Security programmes
- Maintain the purchase requests and bills according to Pfizer global requirements
- Takes accountability for specific tasks and actions.
- Strong presentation and communication skills. English speaker
- Able to work with colleagues at all levels of the organisation.
- Vendor/ contract management experience is advantage.
- Good team working skills.
- Able to successfully prioritize and deliver on a wide range of tasks.
- Seeks responsibility and demonstrates a desire to learn.
- High level of technical competency in key areas together with a broad scope of good technical awareness.
- Qualified to degree standard or equivalent in a relevant discipline is advantage
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer's aim is to provide equality of opportunity in the recruitment process by avoiding discrimination on the grounds of: age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage & civil partnership, pregnancy & maternity, political persuasion or trade union membership.
At Pfizer we are creating an organization and promoting a culture that respects each individual's unique character and life experiences, and reflects the diversity of our customers and markets. We will achieve this through fostering and sustaining an environment in which every colleague feels valued and supported, thus enabling superior business results.