The Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology seeks outstanding candidates for the position of Specialist for Education (Course Delivery). Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
The Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology (Skoltech) is a private graduate research university in Skolkovo, a suburb of Moscow, Russia. Established in October 2011 in collaboration with MIT, Skoltech educates global leaders in innovation, advances scientific knowledge and fosters new technologies to address critical issues facing Russia and the world. Applying international research and educational models, the university integrates the best Russian scientific traditions with twenty-first century entrepreneurship and innovation.
The main role of the Specialist for Education (Course Delivery) is to provide excellent administrative learning process support and coordinate logistics of the delivery of curricula elements.
- Provide efficient and timely learning process support: make necessary organizational arrangements for classes (scheduling, arranging learning spaces and coordinating course delivery);
- Coordinate and ensure procurement of necessary teaching supplies for educational courses including textbooks used for reference, software, other learning materials and supplies;
- Work closely with communications team on coordinating events requiring student participation, collect information and provide timely updates on education activities;
- Assist in the operations of educational student library and equipment: maintaining database, textbooks order and processing necessary documentation;
- Assist in organizing events, field trips, guest speakers' visits associated with curricula elements;
- Assist in producing reports, presentations and other documents as required by Dean of Education;
- Administrating Learning Management System, delivering trainings on the system;
- Point of contact for external visiting students applying for Skoltech courses (MIPT, HSE, MSU, etc.);
- Other tasks, as needed.
Other Key Relations:
- Course Lead Instructors
- Education Program Manager
- Education Team
Ideal Experience and Qualifications:
- Excellent organizational skills and close attention to details;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced new institution environment on a diverse international team; under uncertainly and stress, being able to feel, appreciate and use the drive of the team;
- Customer service skills and attitude;
- Minimum undergraduate university degree from an accredited higher education institution;
- 1+ year of working on an administrative position, working in an international company/organization is a preferred;
- Excellent computer skills (MS Outlook, Word, Excel);
- Experience with or broad understanding of the functioning of an academic environment, specially higher education in a Russian and international context;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Russian, including public speaking abilities in both languages. Other languages are a plus. English is the working language of Skoltech;
- Extraordinary problem-solving abilities.
- The successful candidate will be paid a competitive compensation package commensurate with the important responsibilities of this role in delivering Skoltech project plan.
Skoltech is committed to diversity and opportunity, and application materials will be considered without regard to the gender, race, or nationality of the applicant.