- Perform day-to-day production MySQL database administration tasks in a Linux environment, including maintenance, troubleshooting, tuning, optimization, installation, upgrades, backup/recovery, and data migration across multiple data centers and multiple database server architectures/systems.
- Data modeling, design & implementation based on established standards.
- Work closely with Engineering to design and implement performant database architecture and objects (queries, stored procedures, tables, views, foreign keys, indexes, etc).
- Troubleshoot and resolve Cassandra and other production database issues with developers.
- Design, develop, and manage data on Cassandra cluster.
- Manage and monitor Cassandra nodes and clusters: performance and capacity planning, connectivity and security.
- End-to-end performance tuning of Cassandra clusters against very large data sets.
- Develop and maintain MongoDB databases
- Database backup and recovery, connectivity, security, performance monitoring and tuning.
- Disk space management.
- Maintain database design/release documentation.
- Minimum of 5 years supporting DB infrastructure running in a Linux and/or Unix environment.
- Minimum of 3 years designing and implementing Disaster Recovery solutions for MySQL, Cassandra, Mongo DB.
- Expert skills in several of the following DB's such as Percona & Community MySQL (myISAM & InnoDB), Mongo DB, Cassandra.
- MySQL, MongoDb and Cassandra: Software installation and configuration, patches and upgrades.
- Deep experience in MySQL and Cassandra High Availability Setup and experience scaling data using sharding.
- Experience using monitoring and management tools (e.g. DataStax, OpsCenter).
Nice to have:
- Hands on experience with Puppet or a similar Automation.
- AWS experience. RDS is a definite plus.
- Experience supporting high traffic B2B sites.
- Excellent documentation skills.
Полная занятость, полный день