Research in the area of information storage which includes, but is not limited to: future information storage architecture, file system/block/KV/Object/in-memory, data structures and representations, flexible extension technologies, software of information storage system, distributed storage systems, non-volatile memory (NAND Flash, Phase Change Memory, MRAM and ReRAM), reliability of information storage system, storage virtualization, and all sorts of storage-related algorithms (such as distributed resource scheduling algorithm, data consistency algorithm, etc). Place key technologies research, file patent applications and focus on the disruptive technologies for storage products.
- Developing flexible extension technologies of future information storage with better performance and reliability than PCIE/IB/10GE.
- Developing storage management software which can provide solutions for data management under different applications.
- Developing new information storage technologies, new storage media, and new storage architecture with hybrid storage media.
- Developing new storage virtualization technologies.
- Algorithms research and design for storage products, including distributed resource scheduling algorithm in distributed storage system or DC, data consistency algorithm, erasure coding algorithm, etc.
- Senior candidates may lead a team of multiple systems engineers or a multi-disciplinary project.
- Making the technology plan for information storage.
- Open-source and proprietary implementation activity with goals: (a) to develop a prototype of suggested technologies; (b) to optimize efficiency and functionality of Huawei’s product lines; (c) to promote new technological approaches in open-source community.
- Placing key patents for information storage includes patent developing and acquiring.
- Take the final responsibilities for transferring technologies to business units (BUs).
Absolutely necessary skills:
- Thorough understanding of Operating systems such as Linux, BSD Unix.
- Thorough understanding Good knowledge of X86 architecture.
- Experience in research activity in file system, storage or data-center infrastructure platform.
- Good understanding of non-volatile memory architectures will be highly preferable.
- Experience with programming languages such as C/С++.
Important skills that will be considered as a plus:
- Domain knowledge of storage technologies
- Experience in device (and/or file system) driver development and kernel code modifications for Linux.
- Good knowledge of networking and TCP/IP stack;
- Experience in SW/HW prototype development would be highly desirable;
- Strong mathematical background, algorithmic skills.
- Experience in production or open-source software development or research activity in file system or database metadata design or storage stack areas or cloud infrastructure platform.
- R&D experience in Linux Kernel/OS/Virtualization/Network/Storage and related areas.
- Good verbal and written communication abilities in English.