Navico is currently the world’s largest marine electronics company providing products for recreational and commercial marine.
We are looking for a highly motivated Software engineer who will be involved in delivering the next range of high end marine navigation products, focused in particular on our commercial marine product ranges.
· Develop test scripts and unit tests, and perform these tests on Navico’s commercial navigation products;
· First stage diagnosis of issues identified during testing, including investigation of source code;
· On-water validation of product and system operation;
· Future development of system and application software for Navico’s products and systems;
· Identify and manage own tasks in line with project requirements and schedule, and report on progress to project lead;
· Coordinate with other engineers to ensure the successful launch of products;
· Interact with beta testers, product support engineers and other customers in troubleshooting and problem resolution;
· Perform maintenance activities and software/feature upgrades for products already in production;
· Communicate openly with all team members to create world class marine products that grab market attention.
· Electronics, Computer Science or equivalent degree;
· Good knowledge of C++ (Windows platform mainly);
· An understanding of object oriented design;
· An understanding of typical software development life cycle;
· Ability to travel.
Knowledge of the following would be desirable:
· QT, Boost, STL;
· Network Protocols;
· UNIX experience is a plus.
Our ideal candidate is:
· Highly motivated and focused on solving the problem, does it creatively. Wants to acquire new knowledge and develop. Feels comfortable in the team.
· Work in a large international company;
· Decent salary;
· Interesting projects;
· The conditions for professional growth;
· A strong team of professionals is always ready to help;
· Office in the city center, equipped workplace , tea and coffee;
· 5 weeks of vacation;
· Medical insurance.