Under the overall supervision of the Management Analyst in Severodonetsk and direct supervision of Administrative Associate in Severodonetsk, the Driver will be responsible for maintaining and driving office armored vehicle. Specifically, s/he will perform the following key tasks:
- Timely and safe driving of programme employees, consultants, guests, visitors, UNDP staff at the authorization from the programme management;
- Performing tasks related to the daily maintenance of the vehicle;
- Maintaining daily vehicle logs (mileage, fuel consumption, travel routs) and submitting logs to Administrative Associate in Severodonetsk on a timely basis;
- Ensuring that repair and maintenance services are done on armored vehicle in time;
- Ensuring that all instructions regulating safe driving behavior and Rules of the Road are in hand and strictly followed;
- Ensuring that the vehicle has valid insurance and first aid kit;
- Driving the UNDP vehicle for delivery and collection of mails, documents, pouches, equipment and other administrative tasks as required under the programme;
- Assist in the organization of and logistical preparation for field trips, visiting missions, etc;
- Assist in reviewing records related to in-country missions and field trips;
- Support in registry of incoming and outgoing documents and correspondence;
- Provide clerical support to programme activities;
- Assist in general maintenance of the office premises assigned to the programme;
- Performing other duties as required.
Measurable outputs of the work assignment:
- Delivery of quality driving service through well maintaining of vehicle and safe driving.
Performance Indicators for evaluation of results:
- Excellent driving skills;
- Relations with colleagues and ability to be an effective team player;
- Initiative and punctuality;
- Communication and listening skills.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education;
- Valid Ukrainian driving license (minimum categories B and C, preferable - all);
- At least 5 years of professional driving experience;
- Experience of driving in the conflict-affected areas will be considered as an asset;
- Fluency in Ukrainian and Russian language, knowledge of English would be an asset.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION IS 14 OCTOBER 2016 (Midnight, New York, USA).
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.