Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1000 properties in over 100 countries, is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels and resorts with the following internationally renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, Sheraton®, Westin®, Four Points® by Sheraton, W®, Le Méridien®, Aloft®, ElementSM and Tribute.
For more information, please visit www.starwoodhotels.com
Situated on the river banks of Esil, in the heart of Astana's Central Park and in the center of the Diplomatic district The St. Regis Astana will open early 2017.
120 sumptuous guest suites feature a unique identity of discreet luxury. The hotel will embrace a specialty grill restaurant where guests enjoy an unrivaled service and sample the best ingredients or indulge in the flawless luxury of Iridium Spa after a long day of captivating city impressions or business meetings.
Position Title - SPA Manager
Report to – General Manager
- To conduct daily meetings to discuss service goals and objectives for the day
- To organize weekly team briefing with Assistant Spa Manager, Head Receptionist/Scheduler and Head Therapist to discuss and effectively cover all forthcoming spa business and events and review of past week
- To manage implementation of revised or new company core standards in product and service
- To consult and effectively and positively manage changes in operation, policy and procedures with direct reports
- To ensure service briefings are carried out as appropriate regarding core standards (dress code, hygiene, service procedure)
- To ensure close client liaison is maintained at all times throughout events
- To generate new ideas for service and products that will maintain a competitive and leading edge over our Competitive Set
- To effectively roster and book staff to cover all forecasted events and manage the monthly Manpower costs as percentage of revenue and in relation to covers and the productivity
- To set yearly SMART objectives and goals for direct reports and conduct six monthly performance reviews with direct reports and ensure their team members are reviewed on a timely basis
- To conduct performance or disciplinary related reviews with direct reports as necessary on a timely basis
- To prepare and regularly update Departmental Training Manual in conjunction with the Training Manager.
- To ensure all team members adhere to the agreed standards and initiate a training plan for all full time employees and permanent casual workers
- In conjunction with Training Manager, develop and implement a regular Training programme for all team members utilising the St Regis core standards and E’spa programmes
- To continue to lead an employment structure that will create a service focused Spa Team
- To create an environment in which direct reports can take responsibility and authority for their work and development
- To actively participate in the meetings as appropriate - daily operations briefing, weekly business planning meetings. monthly Spa communications meeting, Marketing Plan & Operating Plan meetings as requested, Spa ESI Feedback Meetings, GSI, Monthly Department Heads Meeting
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Must speak fluent, read and write in English and in Russian
- Significant achievement and management experience in Spa operations within a similar quality operation
- Operational management experience of a team in Spa
- Spreadsheet Experience, Word-processing skills, POS experience - Micros preferred
- Must demonstrate assertiveness to instruct, firmly represent organizational standards and goals, or discipline as necessary
- Must demonstrate an ability to adapt to environmental as well as internal organization turbulence through understanding the impact of change and the positive management of change
- Must demonstrate an ability to develop a strong working relationship with others by being fair, open, reliable and consistent
- Must demonstrate decisiveness and a willingness to commit to action once alternative solutions have been weighted
- Must demonstrate an ability to originate ideas (self-starting) and to take action beyond what is called for
- Must demonstrate a clear enjoyment in working in the Hospitality Industry and demonstrates a willingness to anticipate and recover in response to guest needs
- Must demonstrate high standards of personal and professional conduct
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health & Wellness /Spa /Recreation Management required.
- Extensive experience of working in hotel SPA area is required.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Starwood standards.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.