Release Engineer (relocate to TH, Bangkok)
This is a tremendous growth opportunity with a new kind of e-commerce technology company building advanced platforms for large-scale e-commerce operations using open source and cloud technologies.
- Design, implement and manage the build environment and release tools for AGILE (SCRUM) development teams. Mission is to fully automate this part of the delivery pipeline in order to get new features implemented by developers through the pipeline to production as fast and as smooth as possible.
- Plan and track all production deployments and involvement in all code migration from development to production environments
- Work closely with development teams to build and optimize a Continuous Integration infrastructure
- Provide and monitor working and test environments for development teams which are streamlined with production environments
- Own software builds, pre-release activities and the process management tools associated with them such as Jira, Crucible, GIT etc. o Implement release deployment standards; troubleshoot and fix environmental problems introduced to builds etc.
- Advocate for new and improved tools and processes for continuous improvement of quality
- 4+ years of experience in configuration, tools, development, integration issues, testing and implementation, communication and resolving related issues for projects and teams
- Hands-on experience with mobile CI process (iOS, Android - builds, tests, packing, deploy)
- Familiarity with submission process to Google Play and Apple App Store.
- Atlassian Suite expert including Jira, Confluence, Crucible, Stash/Bitbucket
- Programming background with knowledge of scripting language (preferably PHP, bash, golang or groovy)
- Linux/Unix and understanding of networking fundamentals
- Build automation tools (maven, make, gradle)
- Distributed revision control systems (git)
- Continuous integration tools (Jenkins, TeamCity)
- Knowledge of o Good communication, customer facing skills
- Comfortable working with globally distributed teams
- Fluently in English