This position is open in our R&D centre in Nizhny Novgorod and requires relocation. Our company will fully support you in moving to Nizhny providing package that includes initial accommodation for 10 days, relocation allowance paid at once on you arrival and during first 6 months of work in the company.
We are looking for an experienced DEV-IT-OPS engineer to join our team working on the huge web application development and support in close cooperation with the leading hi-end POS (Point-Of-Sale) provider on North American, European, Asian and Australian markets.
The ideal candidate should have at least 3 years of experience as a DEV-IT-OPS engineer, strong Python programming and Linux administration skills, be efficient in troubleshooting and resolution of different problems with IT infrastructure and production servers.
In this role you will:
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, connection and software issues with production servers in the cloud, escalate requests as needed;
- Monitor services and keep them online and up-to-date, perform software updates;
- Perform routine server security monitoring and measure performance benchmarking;
- Introduce automation tools for day-to-day operations;
- Maintain online and off-site backups;
- Conduct technology training for new users;
- Complete special projects as requested to improve company’s IT infrastructure.
You should have:
- Minimum of three years prior experience;
- Linux administration skills (Ubuntu flavor);
- Python experience is a must;
- Deployment automation experience, SaltStack is a preference;
- RDBMS experience, preferably PostgreSQL;
- Good understanding of TCP/IP stack;
- Soft skills: the ability to prioritize, be attentive to details, self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision;
- Linux Containers experience is a must, Docker is a preference;
- Willingness to travel ( possible business trips to USA, California each 2-3 months).
Nice to have:
- Django knowledge;
- Team leadership experience.