KPMG is a global network of professional services firms. Across 155 countries, 174,000 KPMG people provide Audit, Tax and Advisory services to a huge range of clients, from leading brands to public bodies, global multi-nationals and local businesses.
KPMG in Russia is constantly acquiring new clients among leading Russian and international companies. Our team consists of highly qualified professionals, all of them including new employees participate both in domestic and international engagements, exchange successful experience and best practice with global colleagues.
The vacancy is opened at JSC KPMG.
Financial Risk Management Group is providing consulting and advisory services in the areas of financial risk modeling, development of risk management strategies, processes, governance structures and reportings as well as valuation of financial instruments for our clients, mainly, in financial sector.
- Advanced position in the Financial Risk Management team, part of KPMG’s Advisory practice
- Responsible for delivering smaller projects (2-3 staff) or modules within larger projects for our clients (including budget responsibility), overseen by partner or director
- Leading, advising and training junior staff on and off projects
- Managing relationship and interaction with counterpart at the client
- Contributing to business development activities, such as development of service propositions, support of proposal activities, contribution to thought leadership pieces etc.
- Active involvement in recruitment, training, knowledge development activities etc.
- Direct reporting to unit’s Senior Managers/Directors and Head of FRM for Russia/CIS
To fulfill the role the candidate is expected to meet the following requirements:
- 4+ years of relevant professional experience in Financial Services in banks or
- 3+ years of pure consulting experience with focus on Banking or relevant professional experience (consulting) with BIG4
- Significant experience in project management, coordinating and communicating with senior management and business heads, progress reporting to top-management, effective use of change management techniques
- Significant experience in a reporting role (banking), ideally with experience both regarding internal reporting (management reporting, risk reporting, group reporting) as well as external regulatory reporting to the local regulator (CBR) and/or international regulators (via the group)
- Very good understanding of relevant local banking regulations, particularly current Russian minimum capital regulations and RAS
- Good understanding of bank organization, bank governance processes, front – to –back processes (e.g. credit processes)
- Good understanding of the role of risk management within a bank
- Knowledge of Basel II/III regulations is highly beneficial, as is experience with leading Western banks
- Very strong communication and social skills, project management skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to structure problems
- High motivation, creativity and team player
- Good business judgment and pragmatism
- Ability to work independently
- Optional: Additional certificates like CFA, FRM
- Fluent in English (written and verbal)
- Fluent in Russian (written and verbal)
Additional skills/requirements (desirable):
- Good skills in MS Office (esp. Powerpoint, Excel and Word)
- Readiness for traveling (if necessary, dependent on project needs)