KPMG is a global network of professional firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We operate in 152 countries and have 189,000 people working in member firms around the world. The independent member firms of the KPMG network are affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative (“KPMG International”), a Swiss entity. Each KPMG firm is a legally distinct and separate entity and describes itself as such.
What we do:
Financial Risk Management Group is providing consulting and advisory services in the areas of financial risk modeling, development of risk management strategies, processes, governance structures and reportings as well as valuation of financial instruments for our clients, mainly, in financial sector.
- Advanced position in the Financial Risk Management team, part of KPMG’s Advisory practice
- Responsible for delivering smaller projects (2-3 staff) or modules within larger projects for our clients (including budget responsibility), overseen by partner or director
- Leading, advising and training junior staff on and off projects
- Managing relationship and interaction with counterpart at the client
- Contributing to business development activities, such as development of service propositions, support of proposal activities, contribution to thought leadership pieces etc.
- Active involvement in recruitment, training, knowledge development activities etc.
- Direct reporting to unit’s Senior Managers/Directors and Head of FRM for Russia/CIS
To fulfill the role the candidate is expected to meet the following requirements:
- 4+ years of relevant professional experience in Financial Services in banks or
- 3+ years of pure consulting experience with focus on Banking or relevant professional experience (consulting) with BIG4
- Significant experience in project management, coordinating and communicating with senior management and business heads, progress reporting to top-management, effective use of change management techniques
- Significant experience in a reporting role (banking), ideally with experience both regarding internal reporting (management reporting, risk reporting, group reporting) as well as external regulatory reporting to the local regulator (CBR) and/or international regulators (via the group)
- Very good understanding of relevant local banking regulations, particularly current Russian minimum capital regulations and RAS
- Good understanding of bank organization, bank governance processes, front – to –back processes (e.g. credit processes)
- Good understanding of the role of risk management within a bank
- Knowledge of Basel II/III regulations is highly beneficial, as is experience with leading Western banks
- Very strong communication and social skills, project management skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to structure problems
- High motivation, creativity and team player
- Good business judgment and pragmatism
- Ability to work independently
- Optional: Additional certificates like CFA, FRM
- Fluent in English (written and verbal)
- Fluent in Russian (written and verbal)
Additional skills/requirements (desirable):
- Good skills in MS Office (esp. Powerpoint, Excel and Word)
- Readiness for traveling (if necessary, dependent on project needs)