Join Genesys and save the world from bad customer service!
Genesys is the largest private software company in Silicon Valley, and we are revolutionizing the way companies engage with their customers. We are a highly successful organization with a solid track record and staying power. At Genesys, you can sharpen your professional skills and build your career with a company that matters. Our passionate team solves customer experience challenges for our own customers – and each other – every day.
Many companies claim to be global. We actually are. Our team spans over 40 countries and 5 continents. Our diverse team consists of talented, enthusiastic people who are here because they believe in our mission, and because they love what they do here. It’s a great place to work. We live our values every day, easily seen in our attention to great customer service, obsessive desire to create success for our clients, daily goal to make things easy for our clients and for each other, and of course, by innovating in all we do. And we like to have a good time, too. We are committed to making a difference in the communities where we live and work. We are always learning. We are growing. We are building a better world. We are Genesys.
Genesys was named in the top 25 of the “Best Places to Work 2016” in the Bay Area by San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal.
Genesys is currently seeking a Lead Systems Engineer in its Cloud Operations group in St. Petersburg. You will report into the Infrastructure Engineering team and you will help define our sophisticated system, storage, virtualization and application infrastructure at the Core of the Genesys Cloud platform. You are experienced in linux systems engineering and current on linux and open source projects. You will act as a local team lead to coordinate priorities in the functional area of Systems, Virtualization and Storage.
The Lead Systems Engineer will act as a team lead (of 4) to support and plan future enhancements to storage and virtualization within the legacy private data center, and support systems being deployed to the public cloud . You will participate in the automation of deployment and remediation of system issues. You will leverage consistent processes and tools to deploy workloads to private datacenter (XenServer, ESX), private cloud (OpenStack) or public cloud (AWS, Azure) depending on business requirements and other factors.
You are passionate about technology, constantly learning and a good communicator and collaborator.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Coordinate priorities with local OPS management and remote (US-based) functional management.
- Support and plan enhancements on infrastructure, to include 3PAR storage, Brocade SAN, NetApp filers, XenServer virtualization, common network services (LDAP, DNS, NTP, yum, chef, puppet, jump servers, apache webservers, load balancing).
- Provide expertise in DevOPS methodologies and tools, and adept at guiding a product team through improving software delivery towards a Continuous Delivery approach.
- Develop chef cookbooks and recipes for consistent server and application deployments.
- Define enhancements to our monitoring of hypervisors (XenServer, ESXi), servers (CentOS, OracleLinux) and storage (NetApp, Brocade, 3PAR, volumes).
- Participate in Operations Agile Scrum process, and manage assigned Jira tickets to completion
- Coordinate and Execute scheduled Change Requests in production.
- Write detailed technical documentation.
- Provide cross-training and peer review in areas of expertise (automation, cloud deployment, continuous integration/delivery, virtualization).
- Prepare and conduct tests in pre-production areas.
- Collaborate and work effectively with a globally-distributed team, employing tools and technologies to facilitate communication with team members across distances, geographies and time zones.
Qualifications/Skills Desired and Preferred:
- Ability to manage competing priorities and provide guidance to other engineers.
- 7+ years of Systems Engineering in the context of server HW/OS, Storage and networking.
- CentOS 6.x, 7.x; OracleLinux 6.x, 7.x
- HPE 3PAR 7000,8000 arrays, NetApp 8000 Filers with Clustered DataOnTap.
- Knowledge of Linux application servers and web servers, networks and load balancers.
- Experience with server virtualization, ideally using XenServer and/or ESX, KVM, including an understanding of CPU scheduling, VM performance tuning, software defined networking and recovery.
- Experience with HP c7000 blade chassis and blade servers, in particular HP VirtualConnect networking modules.
- Exposure to converged networking, FCoE and software-defined networking concepts.
- Exprience with bash, python, ruby and other scripting languages in the context of automated deployment and automated recovery.
- Experience writing chef cookbooks.
- Bias towards automating, rather than manual completion of tasks.
- Demonstrable troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with AWS deployments and the varied tools, platforms and applications within the AWS ecosystem.
Compensations and benefits:
- Competitive salary with bonuses and regular merit increases
- Flexible schedule
- Medical insurance (dental and life insurance included)
- 31 days of vacation per year
- 100% paid sick leave policy
- English classes in the office
- Modern and comfortable office in the historical part of Saint-Petersburg: well equipped kitchen, shower, bicycle parking, etc.
- Team of professionals and warm friendly atmosphere
- Opportunity for professional and career growth in western software development company
- You may become a part of our corporate soccer team!
город Санкт-Петербург, Средний проспект, 88аПоказать на карте
Полная занятость, полный день