Position Title: Tech and Innovations Assistant
Program: Kyiv America House
Reports To: Tech and Innovations Manager
Position Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of $80 million and a staff of over 400 professionals worldwide who implement programs and provide consulting expertise in more than 100 countries. For more detailed information about IREX please visit irex.org.
Summary of Kyiv America House Program:
- Through the U.S. Embassy in Ukraine, IREX administers the America House, a welcoming, dynamic space that fosters discussion and debate, provides opportunities for professional and personal skill building, and sparks creativity and collaboration around shared Ukrainian and U.S. values. The America House offers not only a physical space, but also a virtual hub, which facilitates access to balanced resources and information. Peer-to-peer cultural exchanges, discussions and learning at the America House provide visitors with a seat in “America’s living room.”
Summary of Position:
- Assist in planning, developing and implementing innovative tech-related programming at AH and integrating technology into all AH programs;
- Research new tech tools, platforms, and trends and support IT development at AH;
- Film and process video materials of events, assist with video content editing and uploading;
- Support tech logistics for events including sound, lights, film screenings, event recording, presentations, live streaming, mixing and synchronized translation;
- Monitor the use of AH tech equipment, maintain equipment usage spreadsheet, clean/disinfect equipment after public use;
- Provide tech assistance to AH staff, including software updates, PCs and Macs management, file sharing management;
- Help with Maker Space activities and answer visitor questions;
- Assist in AH App administration, and backend updates;
- Assist with maintaining the AH Membership System and database;
- Assist visitors with using IT equipment;
- Lead trainings and demonstrations of AH technology;
- Assist AH team at the reception desk meeting and greeting visitors with courtesy and professionalism. Respond and provide basic information to general inquiries, present America House resources, and register new members;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Excellent English, Ukrainian and Russian;
- Experience working with media outlets and managing social media presence for organizations or companies;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Must be skilled at handling multiple tasks and able to adhere to tight deadlines;
- Strong intercultural and communications skills;
- Experience working with Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and other related graphic media applications software.
- Experience studying in the United States or holding an ECA alumnus/a status is an advantage.
- Please email your cover letter and resume with “Tech and Innovations Assistant” in the subject line, No phone calls please. Only complete applications will be considered. Candidates will be contacted on a rolling basis as applications are received.