Project Manager with 1 year relocation to Rome
We are looking for Project Manager with 1 year relocation to Rome.
The position reports to the ICP Project Manager within the overall direction of the Project Steering Committee (PSC). The position is highly visible and requires extensive communication and interaction with ICP project manager. Functional and technical leads and key stakeholders as well as an excellent understanding of IT system.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinating the rollout activities for a successful and smooth delivery of the ICP Phases.
- Serve as the principal point of contact between all relevant stakeholders (internal and external);
- Managing the Rollout team, communicating goals, motivating and guiding the team, tracking project execution, team performance and reporting project progress to Project Management and Sponsors
- Coordinating the pre-rollout activities, including ensuring that all stakeholders are informed and briefed regarding the major activities leading up to the Go Live
- Coordinating the ICP Readiness Certification process, ensuring communication between all internal and external stakeholders
- Managing the Go Live processes for all Countries and Grant recipients as per the previously defined schedule
- Liaising and coordinating with the Helpdesk, Communications and IT Security personnel assigned to the project to ensure a constant flow of information and to ensure that user materials and information are kept fully up to date
- Ensure end user satisfaction with the portal following Go Live by monitoring stakeholder's progress, proactively flagging potential issues and following up to ensure that they have been adequately resolved
- Keeping teams informed about the progress of the project and alerting the PSC in the event of bottlenecks or potential problems.
- Perform other tasks required for the success of the programme and as determined by the ICP Project Manager
Required qualifications and experience:
- A university degree in business administration, ICT studies or related fields.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience, 3 of which preferably in leading the rollout of large IT implementation plans across multiple countries, with demonstrated experience in the application of change management principles and techniques, and experience in developing communication plans for diverse audiences.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Expert skill in the use of Microsoft Power Point 2010, Project and Microsoft Word.
- Experience in developing innovative learning platforms is an asset.
- Experience in financial systems is desirable.
- International professional experience.
- Client Orientation - Focuses own and other efforts on understanding and meeting the needs of key clients within and outside. Able to work effectively with clients and/or key stakeholders; Seeks feedback on the quality of service and makes improvements.
- Achieving Results - Ensures own work contributes to achieving results; Regularly reviews progress to ensure work is on target; Prioritizes own and others' work to achieve key results areas.
- Working Together - Develops the team skills of team members; Encourages cooperation within and between teams and promotes the value of diversity in teams, such as in different views, culture, nationality, and gender; Facilitates conflict resolution within the team.
- Learning and Knowledge Sharing - Helps staff to find a variety of ways to learn and develop; Empowers staff to make improvements; Encourages the team to learn from each other.