The Director of Engineering position is responsible for leading the Engineering Department to ensure that all hotel facilities are kept in the best possible condition.
The selected candidate will be responsible for:
- Serves as a technical expert representative across teams, clients, and the information technology industry.
- Offers technical support across practices in offering definition and positioning.
- Suggests alternative technical solutions to meet client requirements more efficiently, and/or with greater reusability, and / or longer life
- Promotes and coordinates technical knowledge harvesting within the organization.
- Manages multiple technical teams within budget and project schedule.
- Tracks and identifies new opportunities to improve methodology and training offerings.
- Assists in strategic sales efforts from a technical perspective.
- Ensures familiarity with in house facilities to assist guests and promote sales.
- Supports and ensures the Engineering team carry out all general repairs and preventative maintenance of the guest bedrooms and front and back of house areas.
- Attends meetings and training as required.
- Maintains all fire fighting equipment in first class order. To ensure that the fire crew has a complete understanding of all procedures, equipment and alarms.
- Develops and maintains an energy conservation program allowing the hotel to meets its annual budget targets.
- Ensures guest satisfaction by performing duties such as attending to their requests and inquiries courteously and efficiently and accepting changes or addition to work hours which are necessary for the maintenance of uninterrupted service to hotel guests and patrons.
- Maintains heating, ventilating and air conditioning equipment in optimal operating condition by performing routine maintenance and repair checks.
- Liaises with the contractors on site and check their work before signing their work docket.
- Reads and conforms to the departmental operations policy manual.
- Works in a safe manner and maintain cleanliness and order in the hotel’s power plant areas.
- Keeps adequate levels of supplies required for hotel maintenance and keep the stock of materials to an agreed level.
- Works with outside contractors as necessary to assist them in performing maintenance or construction jobs.
- Handles the master keys in accordance with company standards for the overall safety of the hotel.
- Is an active member of the emergency team of the hotel.
- Undertakes any reasonable requests made by management.
- Oversees the day to day running of the department.
- Ensures the plant rooms and workshop are maintained in a clear orderly and tidy manner.
- Accepts a flexible working schedule when necessary for the Hotel’s uninterrupted service.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with employees and colleagues to promote a co-operative and harmonious working climate.
- Follows all applicable Safety and Regulation Laws.
- Ensures that all potential and real hazards are reported immediately and appropriately.
- Maintains high confidentially.
- To fully understand the Hotel’s fire, emergency and bomb procedures. Follow emergency procedures to provide for the security and safety of guests and employees. Ensure a safe Hotel regulations and adhering to existing laws and regulations.
- Prevents costly machine breakdowns by lubricating equipment as needed.
- Performs required duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner to achieve the overall objective of the position.
- As the hotel’s level of business varies considerably, there is a need for flexibility in attitude, approach and working hours.
- The above description is not to be regarded as exhaustive. Other tasks and responsibilities of a broadly comparable nature may be added on a temporary or permanent basis, as appropriate.
- To be aware of and comply with safe working practices as stipulated by the Health and Safety rules and as applicable to your place of work. This will include the incumbent’s awareness of any specific hazards at the work place.
- The wearing of appropriate protective clothing provided by or recommended by the Company will be obligatory.
- To report any defects in the building, plant or equipment according to hotel procedure.
- To ensure that any accidents to staff, guests or visitors are reported immediately in accordance with correct procedures.
- To attend statutory Fire, Health & Safety training and to be fully conversant with and abide by all rules concerning:
- Fire, Health and Safety
- Risk Assessments for your department
- Hotel Fire & Bomb Procedures
The perfect candidate will:
Previous experience in position of Director of Engineering for more than 5 years:
- A working understanding of main building service systems (electrical and mechanical) and the statutory requirements relating to hotels.
- A good communicator who leads by example
- Adaptable and able to work under demanding conditions and to tight deadlines
- Either fully skilled + experience or ONC and above
- A chance to join high performing team of the Best MICE Hotel in Russia.
- Broad opportunities for rapid career growth and professional development.
- Competitive Officially declared salary.
- Medical insurance for you and for your child (after the probation period).
- Wide range of staff incentive programs; corporate learning and development opportunities.
- Free meals on duty.
- Friendly atmosphere and mutual support.
- Work in the very center of the city (7 min from metro Mayakovskaya).
CVs are expected only in English