- Plan, organise, control and direct the work of employees responsible for the preparation and presentation of a broad array of cakes, pastries, desserts, petits fours and breads which meet customer expectations.
- The job of Pastry Chef is executed satisfactorily when:
- Daily kitchen operation is managed and organised, budget is prepared, payroll is verified, dishing costs and food storage is organised and controlled.
- Menus and specialty dishes for all outlets are prepared and implemented, to provide permanent control of food technology, maintain standards of food purchasing, preparation, quality, hygiene, sanitation and decoration.
- New dishes and pastries are developed.
- Festival items are prepared with creative ideas and quality products – i.e. Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Easter, Spring Festival and other national/cultural festivals.
- Supervise all employees in the Pastry/Bakery kitchen.
- Create new pastry and dessert menus for all restaurant outlets and banquets, conduct tastings and presentations with photos and costing.
- Establish culinary standards specific for Pastry/Bakery which meet the need of the target market.
- Oversee all matters related to food purchasing for pastry and bakery
- Check food preparation, individual costs, quality, quantity inventories and portion control on a daily basis.
- Liaise with the Chief Steward in order to ensure high standards of cleanliness are maintained in all areas of the Pastry/Bakery kitchen, such as machinery and small kitchen equipment.
- Maintain a hygienic kitchen and personal hygiene.
- Competative salary
- Relocation costs coverage
- Internal mobility within the chain
Looking forward for passionate and true professionals!