The Senior Systems Engineer’s role is to ensure the stability, integrity, availability and efficient operation of the information systems in Deloitte CIS. This is to be achieved by monitoring, supporting, and developing of the core IT infrastructure. The engineer will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
- Collaborate with the local and global Deloitte IT teams to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Design and deploy new solutions, applications and upgrades to existing applications, software, and operating systems.
- Conduct research on software, hardware and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Measure the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Perform system backup in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
- Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance reports.
- Experience in implementation and maintenance of Cisco LAN, WAN and Security solutions. Basic knowledge of network technologies and protocols (TCP/IP, OSPF, BGP, IPSec) will be an advantage over other candidates.
- Experience in supporting, and deployment of Microsoft products (Skype for Business/Lync, MS SQL, Windows Servers, System Center)
- Software installation package creation, PowerShell scripting, Monitoring system.
- Experience with systems planning, security principles, and general IT best practices.
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.