Short Description of the role:
An exciting opportunity for a statistician; a position has arisen with Nielsen Data Science department. The ideal candidate must have an extensive experience on working with statistics and data analysis who has also worked in client facing environment providing consultancy services and expertise.
Data Science is at the heart of the business linking clients to the statistical backroom. We are responsible for ensuring the highest quality standards, communicating statistical concepts and providing relevant insight and solutions to client needs.
We are looking for someone to take on the role of Data Scientist in order to become a partner for internal and external clients by leading on strategic and quality topics while ensuring statistical and operational requirements are met. The role will focus on engagement in Belarus, but also beyond in other Emerging European countries.
- Leads the roll out of new or enhanced services and ensures sustainability of new initiatives
- Ensures Data Science services are delivered to the highest quality standards
- Turns numbers into stories our clients can understand and respond to
- Uses statistical methodologies to analyse the data
- Compile and deliver documentation material such as power point slides for methodology questions and/or frequently asked questions
- Works cross team to provide a professional, clear response to all clients
- Acts as business partner to country, sub-regional and other senior stakeholders. Collaborates with them to provide solutions to complex client issues related to statistical related methodology and execution
- Provides expert technical consultation directly with both internal and external clients
- Works across multiple countries as part of a wider Emerging Europe Data Science team
- Master (or equivalent) in Statistics, Maths, Economics, behavioural sciences, business management, or a related field
- Excellent knowledge of statistics
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Exceptional aptitude for data analysis and creative problem-solving
- Client-facing experience
- A strong communicator who is able to explain technical issues in a non-technical way.
- An enthusiastic and flexible team player.
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excited by challenges, pro-actively interacting with others
- Broad industry knowledge and methodologies is a benefit
- R, Python, SAS, SQL or similar skills are a plus