GreyLoud is looking for a Mid/Senior Project/Product Manager (PM) to add to our fast-growing team. The primary role of the PM will be to clearly define and manage project requirements and ensuring delivery of top quality digital products to national and marquee brands on time and within budget. In this capacity, PMs are the main liaison between the client and the GreyLoud team.
Most of your projects will be building or improving commercial products for consumer and enterprise products, so a familiarity with product development and user interface best practices is very important.
To be successful in this role, strong verbal and written English communication, organizational skills, and a great attitude are prerequisites for consideration. The team environment is collaborative, entrepreneurial, deadline-driven and ambitious. A background in product management is highly desired.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Creating and executing project work plans and revising as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements. This includes creation and management of project documents including project charter, user stories and use cases, business and user requirements documents, features lists, project schedules, back-end specifications.
- Stakeholder management: Client, development team, and GreyLoud management.
- Identifying resources needed and working with the team to assign individual responsibilities
- Managing changes and day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope, including task creation, maintenance, and budget tracking by ensuring project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately (meeting agendas, status reports, etc.).
- Applying effective methodology and enforces project standards
- Managing team and company systems to ensure proper management of project budgets
- Effectively communicating relevant project information to superiors
- Continually seeking opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships
- Clear and intentional communication across disciplines (creative, strategy, account) to ensure teams are properly prioritized and organized for frictionless execution.
You should show evidence of:
- Proven working experience in project/product management or a strongly related field
- Familiarity managing SDLC from requirements gathering through design, development, and testing.
- Experience with traditional waterfall as well as Agile/SCRUM/Kanban methodologies.
- Experience with interactive prototyping software such as AxureRP
- Ability to guide clients to improve software concept commercial viability and user interfaces
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Ability to create technical documents
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking
- Positively influencing others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization
- Assessing problem situations to identify causes, gather, and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem and mitigate risks
- General familiarity of Internet/Mobile applications and technologies (HTML,CSS, Ruby, Node.JS and other modern programming languages)
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Marketing, Advertising, Computer Science, Mathematics, English, or Business preferred)
- 3+ Years of Experience as a Business Analyst or Product/Project Manager at Digital Agency/Startup/Product Company
- Software engineer background a plus
- Strong natural leadership, decisiveness, excellent management skills
- Comfortable with English written and verbal communication skills
- Strong familiarity with Project and Task Management and Bug Tracking tools (JIRA, Redmine, Pivotal Tracker, BugZilla, FogBugz)
- Extreme attention to detail
- A “can do” attitude and calm under pressure