Huawei is looking for high level qualified candidates to join their growing Storage competence center in Moscow or in Saint Petersburg R&D Centre. Team’s focus is in providing best in class algorithm development and system solutions for various lines of business of Huawei. Suitable candidate should be familiar with theory and programming verification, complex systems simulation, different approaches.
- Analyze current and future market trends, synthesize algorithm requirements in areas of storage products like compression, deduplication, Qos, Paxos and other distributed storage system related algorithm;
- Implement proof-of-concept of algorithm in areas of storage, prepare documentation and presentations for algorithms design and implementation, productize the algorithms;
- Improve quality and performance of algorithm in current products for the best customer satisfaction;
- Making the technology plan for storage with senior architects on product line, design storage algorithm with differentiated competitiveness;
- Produce patents and submit publications for journals and conferences;
- At least 5 years of R&D or development experience in areas of Storage, and/or Cloud;
- Abilities to analyze products, business cases and technologies, market trends in areas of Storage (Compute or Network is a plus), Cloud;
- Ability to synthesize requirements in fuzzily defined projects, e.g. based on informal input from sales/marketing teams;
- Abilities to stay focused on a project under minimal or no supervision and be flexible in changing environments;
- Proven ability to deliver and maintain product quality code;
- Measurable achievements in software quality and/or performance improvements as compared to baseline, open source, or competing products;
- Good non-verbal communication and interpersonal skills to work smoothly in diverse, inclusive and distributed teams;
- Good verbal, written communication skills in Russian and English languages;
- PhD in Computer Science, Math, Physics etc;
- Submitted patent applications, granted patents;
- Being technical leader or architect in at least three research and/or productized software projects;
- Working abroad or in international software projects;
- Proven experience with Agile (full cycle) practices of software development.
- Experience with algorithm design, such as advanced Erasure code, Paxos, etc.
- 1 year of practical use, or contribution to open source in areas of compression, deduplication, BTRFS, Ceph, OpenStack, Hadoop, etc.