To promote the role of the LRC and the range of teaching and learning resources that can be accessed through the Learning Resource Centre. To support independent learning, blended learning and virtual library platforms, develop information literacy and resource-based learning across all levels and all curriculum areas. To be a liaison between LRC and academic staff members.
The LRC provides support to the Teaching and Learning Community this post will help to prepare and present regular reports on LRC support for teaching and learning, highlight significant developments and identify future needs, and to provide professional support in the delivery of training and support programmes.
- To Promote collaboration between teachers and LRC staff in planning and supporting independent learning, blended learning practices
- To Identify, evaluate, and allocate relevant materials (including education software) for virtual library and Blended Learning.
- To devise and organize Professional development trainings for Learning Resource Centre staff
- To develop and teach classes on topics such as information literacy, electronic resources usage, independent learning, and blended learning tools, virtual library facilities, etc.
- To train Learning Resource Centre users to effectively search the Learning Resource Centre catalogue, subscribed digital resources, and electronic resources on Virtual Library platform and MOODLE.
- To prepare and present regular reports that focus on the Learning Resource Centre’s support for teaching and learning, highlight significant developments and identify future needs
- To Liaise and collaborate with academic staff
- To participate in Learning Resource Centre planning and policy development
- To Assist in the planning and presentation of workshops and conferences
- To Maintain records and conducts correspondence related to the work
- Circulation desk responsibilities as directed by the operational requirements of the LRC
- Any other appropriate duties as directed by the Head of Enhancement/Library Manager
The appointee should be able to demonstrate the following:
- 1st degree preferably related to the disciplines of the University
- Master’s degree is desirable
- English language proficiency equivalent to that for Academic Staff
- Experience of working in a learning resource centre or related areas
- Experience of working with blended learning tools or digital library platforms
- Experience of Higher Education environment
Aptitudes, Abilities, Skills and Personal Qualities:
- Good interpersonal, teaching, presentational and social skill
- Good writing skill
- Good analytical and research skill
- Information literacy skill
- Communication skill with a professional audience
- Strength of mind and absolute integrity
- Flexibility, initiative, creativity, energy, patience and tact.