Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH in Kyiv is seeking for their growing Energy Efficiency Portfolio (EE) a qualified professional to fill the position of the:
"Contract & Procurement Professional (full time 100%)"
To support projects in the EE Portfolio in the field of contracts and procurement, we are looking for a highly motivated Contract & Procurement Professional (senior) with a hands-on attitude and excellent knowledge of procurement practices and contracts.
Area of responsibilities:
- prepares a wide range of different contracts such as financial agreements or local subsidies with institutions, contracts with consulting companies and long / short-term experts etc. in CoSoft. (e.g. drawing up of Terms of Reference in close coordination with responsible technical officer, advising consultants on appropriate formats and templates; ensuring that processed commercial offers and set of documents meet specific requirements of GIZ policies; etc.) ,assisting pro-actively in the implementation and follow-up phase of each contract; closely monitoring the respective obligos and contributing to the annual/monthly budget planning within the projects;
- prepares tenders, including service agreements, and purchases materials and equipment with the GIZ Head Office and in accordance with GIZ regulations;
- maintains data relevant for procurement and tenders in ProSoft;
- checks invoices for goods, vouchers, payment instructions and complaints;
- processes claims of damaged goods;
- processes customs declaration procedures;
- contributes to the overall monitoring, knowledge and data management;
- supports in other necessary logistical and organisational tasks;
- applies GIZ standards and rules in administrative processes in the projects;
- by the instructions of the executives take over other activities and tasks.
Qualifications and Experience:
- university degree in Business Administration / Management / Economics or equivalent education;
- at least 7 years of work experience with a focus on finance, controlling, purchasing or contract management or similar area;
- proven experience in the field of procurement and contracts;
- work experience in the private sector and/or international organisations;
- outstanding working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office, SAP, CoSoft and/or other relevant procurement/contracts software);
- intercultural communication and management skills;
- very good command of Ukrainian / Russian and English (orally and in writing), knowledge of German is an asset.
- team player with excellent intercultural competences;
- strong organisational, planning and managerial competences; exceptional level of self-organization;
- an independent and strongly result-oriented approach and willingness to learn, flexibility, self-organization and ability to withstand stress;
- proactive, innovative and hands-on attitude;
- high degree of discretion and integrity;
- ability to work flexibly and independently, also under stressful conditions.
Position: a full-time position, 40 hours per week.
Contract duration: approximately till 2019 with the possibility of extension.
Please send your CV and a cover letter in German or English by November,14 2016.