Cogniance is a 500+ people global consulting organization with roots in Silicon Valley. We exist to help innovators bring software and hardware innovations to market. In essence, we co-create technology products. Since our founding in 2008, we have built a world-class company on a strong foundation of world-class people powered by world-class processes.
We work with early & growth-stage startups as well as Fortune 500 companies on the strategy, design, build, launch, and the evolution of their technology products. In doing so, we practice Advanced Simplicity – balancing complex solutions with refined user experiences, by fusing technology and design.
We are building a smart wearable for pets to pro-actively manage their vitality and well-being.
Using non-invasive sensors it provides early visibility and actionable insights into the 5 key pillars of a dog’s life: health, activity, training, safety and nutrition.
Cogniance is an engineering partner of our respective clients and we are proud to manage full delivery cycle of end-2-end product solution. Our project team is fully responsible for:
- Industrial design and Mechanical Engineering
- User Experience and Graphical Design
- Software development: embedded firmware, mobile applications, cloud solution
- Quality Management and Pre-production supervision
As an IoT QA Engineer you’ll be focusing on the quality of the project’s software/firmware/hardware deliverables.
- Define the strategy for hardware/firmware testing
- Providing functional/non-functional testing of hardware/firmware
- Integration testing of hardware/firmware with other software components (cloud, mobile apps)
- Introduce automated testing where feasible
- Setup the internal device test lab
- Analyze requirements and turn them into test plan and test cases
- Work as a part of scrum team
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience in testing hardware communication and network protocols (at least one out of: BLE, WiFi, 3g/4g networks, ZigBee)
- Basic knowledge in electric circuits and radio electronics
- Strong understanding of technical English is obligatory
- Experience in automated testing of embedded software
- Interest in the field of testing and quality assurance
Anything from the below list is a huge plus:
- Consumer electronic products testing experience
- Experience in testing of mechanical properties of hardware devices
- Solid debugging and white-box testing experience
- QA/Test engineer experience
- Experience working with Linux/Unix-based systems (gcc, ld, make)
- Academic background in physics or engineering
- Experience in C++ or Java programming
COMPENSATIONS AND BENEFITS
Cogniance offers competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package, as well as intellectually & creatively stimulating work environment, flexibility, and unique international travel opportunities.