Cogniance is a 500+ people global consulting organization with roots in Silicon Valley. We exist to help innovators bring software and hardware innovations to market. In essence, we co-create technology products. Since our founding in 2008, we have been building a world-class company on a strong foundation of world-class people powered by world-class processes.
We work with early & growth-stage startups as well as Fortune 500 companies on the strategy, design, build, launch, and evolution of their technology products. In doing so, we practice Advanced Simplicity — balancing complex solutions with refined user experiences, by fusing technology and design.
The connected car market is undergoing dramatic change both in the technologies that underpin it and in the impact it has on users and society. For decades cars have served a narrow set of purposes with the same interaction models and same business models. Now all of that is changing with the advent of electric vehicles, car sharing, on-demand taxis, multi-modal transportation and the use of machine learning to make both cars and the systems that support them smarter.
Their products enable a vast number of connected car use cases ranging from personalized search, to chassis customization to mobility apps to radically re-thought navigation and driver wellness. For too long the driver has been expected to learn how to use the car. They have flipped that idea on its head and expect the car to learn how to support the driver.
As part of the Delivery organization, you will take part in development and research activities through:
- Architecture and processes reviews and definition
- Software design and code reviews
- Participation in different projects as a Lead Architect/Technical Expert
As part of Technical Sales organization, you will work closely with prospective clients and sales team and will be:
- Communicate with prospective clients (including senior VP level) to understand their needs, expectations, goals, and constraints
- Understand the customer’s current architecture and constrains and help fit our products to these
- Advising and consulting potential customers on service and solutions capabilities
- Active contributor in workshops and meetings both online and in face-to-face sessions on customer side
- Develop solutions architectures according to our products and the customer’s needs
- Contribute to the definition and costing of statements of work
Qualifications & Experience
- 8-10 years technical experience 5+ years of architecture/tech lead/engineering management roles
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science
- A solid understanding of: At least two different tech stacks; 2+ programming languages one of which is ideally C++; Software design principles; Databases; Networking; Security
- Experience with distributed agile development and engineering practices
- Hands-on user of architecture planning, project planning, presentation and document creation tools
- Experience with project planning, estimation and management of On-time, on-budget, on-spec delivery
- Fluent English (both written/spoken)
- Willingness and natural inclination to open and active communication
- Experience in driving project stakeholder communication, including prospects, clients, 3rd party vendors, and other project stakeholders
- Experience in technical sales (presales) process, including: Taking part in sales meetings alongside sales team, helping them to explain technology aspects services and product offerings; RFI/RFP analysis and proposal preparations, including fixed-price project proposals; Scope assessment, development effort estimation and delivery schedule definition.
Considered as a plus:
- Working within R and D projects
- Experience in business development (as a freelancer, owner)
- Experience in Machine Learning
- Passion for automotive products
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Cogniance offers competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package, as well as intellectually & creatively stimulating work environment, flexibility, and unique international travel opportunities.
- Apply Now!