Cogniance is a 500+ people global consulting organization with roots in Silicon Valley. We exist to help innovators bring software and hardware innovations to market. In essence, we co-create technology products. Since our founding in 2008, we have built a world-class company on a strong foundation of world-class people powered by world-class processes. We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity within our company, and treat our employees as a key business asset.
We work with early and growth-stage startups as well as Fortune 500 companies on the strategy, design, build, launch, and the evolution of their technology products. In doing so, we practice Advanced Simplicity – balancing complex solutions with refined user experiences, by fusing technology and design.
Are you looking to make a transition from Software Delivery to define and owning the products/services that you deliver? Then this can be your chance, as Cogniance Requirements Manager.
From experience, we saw that most successful candidates came from Engineering and QA backgrounds because they have already developed a deep understanding of the requirements testing process through both the Ideation and Product Definition stages.
As the Requirements Manager, you will report to the Line Manager and will work closely with all delivery departments & project management teams. You will be central to the Project Team, which is responsible for analyzing, evaluating, setting up and managing smooth product delivery processes during the development, staging, and final customer acceptance stages.
- Active participation in requirements gathering, product/service definition, scoping, decision making, and technical implementation planning
- Collaboration with all of project insiders and stakeholders to plan, schedule, and report on requirements and tasks completion
- Develop & keep up to date requirements, specifications and use cases for new product features
- Balance internal & external demands with available resources by prioritizing requirements, scoping features & setting expectations
- Daily management and coordination of small, multi-disciplinary project teams to ensure development projects are delivered on time, within budget, and according to quality levels expected by corporate standards
- Work closely with design, development, QA, and marketing teams to determine the best requirements, design and vision for the product
- Gather & prioritize input from sales, marketing, data scientists, services & directly from customers & partners.
- Recommend new opportunities based on market analysis, industry trends and customer inputs.
You are an exceptionally self-motivated problem-solver with a positive attitude and the ability to work well as a team. Technical background in a great plus. You have excellent communication and negotiation skills, approach situations with a win-win stance, and you are a great critical thinker. It is essential that you have high math abilities and possess at least an upper intermediate grasp of both written and spoken English—technical reading and writing are a must.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Familiarity with main development languages and technologies
- Understanding of Software design principles (software dependencies, why refactoring, technical dept concepts)
- Experience with REST API requirements
- Understanding mobile technologies (different mobile platforms, why need to design differently for mobile)
- Familiarity with main UX/UI concepts
- Strong writing, oral and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate well with engineering, marketing and customer teams
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage a vast array of information
- You thrive in a busy working environment
- Experience with agile, fast growing projects
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Cogniance offers competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package, as well as intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment, flexibility, and unique international travel opportunities.