Intermedia is a one-stop shop for cloud business applications. Our Office in the Cloud™ suite integrates the essential IT services that businesses need simply to do business. Over 1,000,000 users, 70,000 businesses and 6,000 active partners choose Intermedia's Office in the Cloud™ for email, phones, file sharing and 30 other essential IT services—all from one control panel.
About the role
Intermedia is looking for a Desktop Support Technician to join our IT team. Our IT team provides support to all Intermedia employees. We handle a wide range of issues across multiple office locations, including hardware, software, and systems management and maintenance.
The daily work load for the IT Team is driven by phone calls and tickets from our users. The types of items you would be working on would include
- Imaging and deployment of new workstations to corporate employees, including laptops and desktops
- Maintaining OS and software images for different levels of corporate workstations
- Assist with the upkeep and maintenance of deployed workstations, including OS upgrades, software installs, and troubleshooting of software issues
- Troubleshooting hardware issues and engaging vendor support assistance as needed
- Deployment and management of corporate VOIP phones (both physical phones and SIP client setup and configuration)
- Assist with the management and maintenance of other office assets (printers, copiers, fax machines)
- User account management (create new accounts in Active Directory, setup mailboxes, reset passwords, assist with accounts that have been locked out)
- Provide feedback to the IT Management team with ways to streamline support for end users and enhance automation of deployment of equipment
- Management of1C inventory system
The IT Team also tackles projects that are driven by the changing needs of our users, our business, and technology. As a member of the team you would also assist with these projects, as well as submitting ideas for us to turn into team projects.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft client Operating Systems (Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP)
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suites (all versions)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to document processes and procedures.
- Ability to identify automation opportunities.
- Ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Exercises creativity and resourcefulness in solving technical problems in a way that maximizes client value.
- Spoken English
- Enthusiasm to be continually learning
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Previous experience in the similar position for 1+ years
- Knowledge of 1C (update, administration)
- Knowledge of Mac OSX
- Knowledge of CAS (Honeywell, Lenel, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange and user management
The IT Team’s customers are all the Intermedia employees. You will interact with users from other departments and within all management levels. You will also engage support from our vendors when resolving issues with hardware or software applications.
- Position is opened in our Saint-Petersburg office due to the business growth.
- We offer attractive salary (negotiable) and benefit package, flexible schedule, professional team and friendly atmosphere.
- Office close to "Alexander Nevsky" metro station.