Striving for excellence is in our DNA. Since 1993, we have been helping the world’s leading companies imagine, design, engineer, and deliver software and digital experiences that change the world. We are more than just specialists, we are experts.
Currently we are looking for a Senior Java Software Engineer (Search Engine Expert) for our Lviv office to make the team even stronger.
We are seeking a Senior Java Software Engineer who will join the team to build next generation of search and information retrieval solutions, semantic and cognitive search.
The successful candidate will work closely with the customer, design and develop top most search solution.
- Have a deep technical insight and a drive to analyze and improve all factors that contribute to the quality of search. This includes content processing, search engine configuration, query analysis, scoring algorithms, performance and stability. This also includes: stepping in the end-user’s shoes, understand his needs and what consequences this has for the back-end;
- Understand and advise about the role and capabilities of search technologies inside a larger platform architecture and inside an ecosystem of loosely coupled services;
- Track potentially disruptive technologies and developments in the information discovery domain and lead strategic responses;
- Increase the quality of the search experience by systematical recall improvement, precision and relevancy;
- Actively acquire and apply new search related disciplines;
- Invent, adopt, and deploy technologies that give client’s businesses sustainable differentiation in the next generation search. This includes design and development of custom made components as well as adopting or researching alternative discovery technologies like graph databases, inferencing engines or any other technology that could drive providing direct answers;
- Innovate by developing new search related solutions, researching existing search techniques and applying them in a creative fashion;
- Understand and advise about concepts like: semantic search, personalized search, automatic classification, unsupervised clustering, machine learning;
- Be the expert in everything related to search, extend and improve service offerings;
- Represent the client in the search experts’ community;
- Identify opportunities and developments in the market and on the web related to search. Stay up to date with the latest news and releases concerning our search technologies.
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent;
- Knowledge of and experience with search technologies, especially Solr/Lucene;
- Strong drive to analyze and solve technical issues;
- Strong drive to do research in the area of search and with respect to relevancy tuning;
- Experience with Java. Have the skillset to develop custom components;
- Demonstrated expertise in e-business and internet projects;
- Working knowledge of a broad range of technologies and standards in online space;
- Broad knowledge of information technology trends;
- Process-oriented analytical skills, plus implementation track record;
- Extensive knowledge of information technology architecture components, principles, procedures, and practices;
- Good English communication skills (both spoken and written);
- Understanding of customer business environment and challenges;
- 'Can do' attitude, pragmatic and result focused, team player.
Nice to have
- Experience with FAST ESP.
- Experience exchange with colleagues all around the world;
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills;
- Regular assessments and salary reviews;
- Social package - medical care, sports;
- Free English classes with native speakers (certified English teachers);
- Opportunities for self-realization;
- Friendly team and enjoyable working environment;
- Flexible working schedule;
- Corporate and social events.
Полная занятость, полный день