Striving for excellence is in our DNA. Since 1993, we have been helping the world’s leading companies imagine, design, engineer, and deliver software and digital experiences that change the world. We are more than just specialists, we are experts.
Currently we are looking for a Technical Lead/Principal Java Engineer (Web Services) for our Kharkiv office to make the team even stronger.
Today we are a global team of technologists and thinkers who help transform the world with the power of software, enabling our customers to be competitive and disruptive in the marketplace through innovative technology solutions.
Are you interested in taking a role in delivering world-class solutions to help us to transform the travel industry? We are seeking an experienced Principal Engineer to lead the technical design and implementation of our next generation APIs and Product for our tier 1 customers within the Travel industry.
ABOUT THE CUSTOMER
Our customer is a market leader in digital commerce for travel retailers. With multiple prestigious industry awards, our customer’s Travel Distribution Platform (TDP) is a proven distribution and merchandising platform with advanced travel retailing capabilities that process over 60 million bookings each year. TDP’s innovative functionality enables revolutionary shopping and reservations capabilities such as branded fares with ancillary attributes, calendar shopping, unbundling of fares, a-la-carte pricing and e-interlining with partner airlines. TDP has a highly scalable and flexible Services Orientated Architecture (SOA), which promotes interoperability with multiple host CRS and GDS systems. Our customer has integrated with over 20 airline CRSs worldwide and all major GDSs.
The candidate is expected to join the big cross-location ODC to work on customization of TDP for particular airline companies.
Project technologies and tools:
- SOAP Web Services;
- Oracle SQL;
- Apache Http Server;
- Set the technical direction and technically lead a number of teams of software developers in building the next generation platforms;
- Drive continuous improvement within development team through adherence to defined quality processes and acting as a role model for the team by always demonstrating the highest standards and following due processes;
- Actively participate in writing code where needed and in diagnosing issues in existing or new systems and proposing solutions to critical problems;
- Ensure the delivery meets customers’ expectations as per the given specifications and timelines;
- Ensure code reviews are carried out to a high standard;
- Provide training and coaching to the software developers in the teams;
- Understand and critically evaluate production readiness of overall project;
- Assist in the selection and organization of the teams needed for the development of software projects;
- A genuine passion and interest in technology and software development with a drive to stay informed on upcoming trends, particularly in SOA and API first methodologies;
- Prepare estimates for new projects and work with the Project Manager on planning of projects;
- Understand (or learn) the domain and business and educate the team on those;
- Be able to work within a collaborative team environment.
- Deep knowledge of and 6+ years of practical experience in Java and J2EE;
- 4+ years of hands-on experience with SOA, REST, Java Web Services, JMS, XML, JSON, and messaging techniques;
- Strong experience in design and development of Soap web services;
- Problem solver and decision maker;
- Evangelistic behavior, ability to convince stakeholders in complex technical decisions;
- Proficiency in database systems – both Relational & NoSQL (Oracle, PostgreSQL, MongoDB);
- Experience with Data Science and Big Data technologies, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, ElasticSearch will be a plus;
- Production site management experience;
- Systems Administration knowledge of Enterprise Software Systems;
- Experience with Performance, Load, Stress, and Scalability Testing or with Enterprise System Security governance;
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills;
- Individual career path in engineering;
- Social package - medical insurance, sports;
- Compensation for sick lists and regular vacations;
- English classes with native speakers (certified English teachers);