Striving for excellence is in our DNA. Since 1993, we have been helping the world’s leading companies imagine, design, engineer, and deliver software and digital experiences that change the world. We are more than just specialists, we are experts.
Our customer is a network of television channels that operate regional television services as well as sharing programmes between each other to be displayed on the entire network. In recent years, several of these companies have merged so currently the fifteen franchises are in the hands of two companies. The customer is an integrated producer broadcaster, operating the largest commercial family of TV channels in the UK. It has the main website, offers online streaming, archive, news, sports, show sites, entertainment, games, soaps, lifestyle and an interactive TV Guide.
Multiple suppliers work is to develop and support theirs services. EPAM has been chosen by this customer as a reliable vendor who is able to provide development, quality assurance, infrastructure and support services in one bundle for their main website.
Within a short period of time EPAM made assessment of a current state, knowledge transfer, organized infrastructure and 24x7 support services with L1-L3 levels, then added development and quality assurance streams for various products that needed by the customer.
Project technologies and tools
- Front-end technologies:
- Angular, Ionic, jQuery;
- Gulp, Bower, Git.
- Mobile technologies:
- Android (building tools);
- IOS, Xcode (building tools).
- Fix issues and support current projects;
- Develop new functionality in mobile applications;
- Implement own and customer ideas (Facebook chat bot, Amazon echo support, voice recognition) and many cutting-edge technologies;
- Implement new Weather App for the client from scratch;
- Work with different mobile devices;
- Conduct Code Reviews;
- Participate in planning.
- Intermediate or higher level of English;
- SPA development with Angular;
- Experience in Hybrid Apps development, Ionic Framework;
- SASS or any CSS preprocessor knowledge;
- Build tools: Gulp, Grunt;
- Basic knowledge of Xcode, Android Developer Studio IDEs;
- Knowledge of publishing apps to Play Market, App Store stores.
Nice to have
- Cordova experience;
- Ruby ERB Templates knowledge;
- Basic Java, Objective-C knowledge.
- Experience exchange with colleagues all around the world;
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills;
- Regular assessments and salary reviews;
- Social package - medical care, sports;
- Free English classes with native speakers (certified English teachers);
- Opportunities for self-realization;
- Friendly team and enjoyable working environment;
- Flexible working schedule;
- Corporate and social events.