Striving for excellence is in our DNA. Since 1993, we have been helping the world’s leading companies imagine, design, engineer, and deliver software and digital experiences that change the world. We are more than just specialists, we are experts.
Currently we are looking for a Lead BI Software Engineer for our Lviv office to make the team even stronger.
The Business Intelligence Team Lead (BI-TL) is a member of a BI engineering practice at EPAM (500+ BI Specialists), leading new development projects in BI area. The team provides leadership to the project team during analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging, performance tuning, implementation and maintenance of new BI solutions. The team participates in pre-sales activities, including RFPs and Tenders.
- Apply architectural and engineering concepts to design a solution that meets operational requirements, such as scalability, maintainability, security, reliability, extensibility, flexibility, availability and manageability;
- Participate and lead research and development efforts (proofs of concept, prototypes), as subject matter experts;
- Provide technical expertise to propose level of effort estimates;
- Participate in various phases of the SDLC to perform QA/technical review functions and to ensure adherence to Enterprise Architecture (EA) technology standards and project specific architectural solutions (i.e., design reviews);
- Ensure technology solutions are production ready and meet the defined specifications, and that the solution can be maintained via production support methodologies and resources;
- Facilitate communications between IS workgroups and business stakeholders for technical issues and/or major changes;
- Lead design and code reviews to ensure adherence to the corporate technical architecture standards and best practices and drives reuse across business services;
- Provide technical guidance to coach and mentor team members; provide performance feedback to manager(s);
- Serve as technical owner and point of contact for BI domain specific solutions.
- 8+ years of experience in Software Development and 3-5 years of team leading experience;
- 5 + years of experience with relational data structures, theories, principles and practices;
- Knowledge of and skills in data warehousing methodologies and tools;
- Proven track record of successfully delivering BI and/or data warehousing projects;
- Thorough understanding of modern enterprise architecture;
- Hands-on experience with enterprise business intelligence platforms like Microstrategy, IBM Cognos, SAP Business Objects, OBIEE, etc;
- 3-5 years of experience with deployment and administration of: Microsoft BI stack (SSRS, SSAS, SSIS) on SQL Server 2008 R2, SQL Server 2012 or Oracle BI stack (OBIEE, ODI, Essbase, Hyperion);
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem solving capabilities;
- Ability to coach, mentor, train and lead team members in the areas of technical skills and competencies.
Nice to have:
- Big Data Concepts knowledge.
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills;
- Project variety and mobility among projects;
- Regular assessments and salary reviews;
- Financial stability;
- Flexible working schedule;
- Individual career path in engineering;
- Opportunity for self-realization;
- Wide range of professional and soft skills trainings and workshops;
- Technology trainings and technology communities;
- Partial grant of the cost of certification;
- Opportunities for business trips abroad (Switzerland, USA, England);
- Social package - medical insurance, sports;
- Compensation for sick lists and regular vacations;
- Relocation package for those who move to Lviv to work at EPAM;
- English classes with native speakers (certified English teachers);
- Friendly team and enjoyable working environment;
- Experience exchange with colleagues around the world;
- Corporate and social events (parties, football, tennis, etc.).
Полная занятость, гибкий график