For our programme "Support to the Decentralisation Reform in Ukraine", we are looking for an "Office Assistant (Full time, 100%)" in Lviv, Dnipro
In the last few years, Ukraine has developed and adopted various laws in favour of an ambitious decentralisation reform, which reshapes the relation between the national, regional and local level.
As support to our regional office in Poltava, we are looking for a highly-motivated, organized and innovative Office Assistant to deal with issues related to content and programme management, in addition to maintaining close cooperation and coordination with the Kyiv office.
The main areas of responsibility include:
- Support to the smooth running of the regional office (coordination of meetings of the different staff members, documentation and filing, internet research, correspondence)
- Close cooperation with the Kyiv office and staff, especially the Regional Coordinators
- Assistance in travel management and accounting (planning, cashbox, hotel bookings, preparation of all relevant documents etc.)
- Assistance in registration processes (visa etc. of international employees) in close cooperation with the GIZ Country Office
- Support in the organization and logistical preparation of events such as workshops, trainings, delegation visits and conferences in the region
- Preparation of contracts and purchases of office material etc.
- Translation of receipts and during meetings from Ukrainian into English or German
- Compliance with GIZ rules and standards
- Vocational administrative or commercial degree or equivalent
- At least 2 years work experience in a similar position
- Budgetary and procurement experience
- Experience in event and travel management
- Very good command of the English language is obligatory, level of Ukrainian and /or Russian; good knowledge of German is an asset
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and applications (such as SAP)
- Work experience with GIZ and / or other international organisations is an asset
- Professional or academic experience abroad considered an asset
- Voluntary experience considered an asset
- Reliability, confidentiality, flexibility and stress resistance
- High degree of loyalty, self-organization and motivation
- Team player with intercultural communication skills
- Willingness to travel to Kyiv for workshops and other regions of Ukraine
Starting as soon as possible. The contract duration is until the end of December, 2019.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
We are looking forward to your application in English or German, comprising your CV and a cover letter explaining your motivation to apply for the job until 20.11.2016.