Striving for excellence is in our DNA. Since 1993, we have been helping the world’s leading companies imagine, design, engineer, and deliver software and digital experiences that change the world. We are more than just specialists, we are experts.
Currently we are looking for a Senior Perl/Python Software Engineer for our Kyiv office to make the team even stronger.
We are seeking a Perl/Python Software Engineer to join team working for our UK based customer. The project has just started and the goal is to help with maintenance of existing Perl platform for one of the largest UK sites. Our mission is to help client to leverage best engineering practices and move to the next level of their solution architecture. The team works very closely with business stakeholders on ensuring that key business requirements are met, verified and delivered to them in Agile manner using Scrum.
As a Perl/Python Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the maintenance of a server side modules using Perl and creation of new modules on Python. You will be a key senior developer within this Scrum team, contributing to all parts of the development process and offering strong technical designs and enhancements.
- Agile development using Perl, Python and SQL;
- Producing SOLID code with good unit test coverage;
- Delivering solutions within a DevOps environment with a relentless focus on automation of testing and deployment via Jenkins, AWS and similar tools;
- Recognizing, selecting and applying appropriate design patterns, frameworks according to business benefit, maintainability and delivery priorities and constrains;
- Analysis, estimation and prioritization of tasks;
- Building relationships and trust with client teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science, Mathematics or Scientific discipline;
- Perl development skills;
- Python development skills at least on a basic level;
- Database development ideally using MySQL;
- Agile development (preferably Scrum);
- Experience in Unix interaction skills;
- Knowledge of Git;
- Excellent communication and team skills.
Nice to have
- Developed a medium to large size Python application covering:
- Python 2.7;
- Knowledge of HTTP protocol and web services;
- General server side development;
- Multi-threaded code.
- Developed a medium to large size Perl application covering:
- Web development skills including HTML, CSS and JavaScrip;
- Experience with Atlassian suite of products: JIRA, confluence;
- Knowledge of Apache Solr;
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services;
- Knowledge of Jenkins.
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills;
- Individual career path in engineering;
- Social package - medical insurance, sports;
- Compensation for sick lists and regular vacations;
- Partial grant of the cost of certification;
- English classes with native speakers (certified English teachers).