Striving for excellence is in our DNA. Since 1993, we have been helping the world’s leading companies imagine, design, engineer, and deliver software and digital experiences that change the world. We are more than just specialists, we are experts.
Currently we are looking for a Senior Java/Flex Software Engineer for relocation to our Prague office.
We are seeking a Java/Flex Software Engineer for our customer, the leading investment bank. The team owns and develops the market-leading platform which has won a number of prestigious external awards since its inception. This platform provides external clients with a portal from which they can price, trade and also execute secondary trades on a wide range of structured products and underlyings. The team works very closely with the global front office sales, trading and structuring teams to ensure the right client functionality and experience.
As a Senior Java/Flex Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the development of a server side application using Java and Flex. You will be a key senior developer within this agile team, contributing to all parts of the development process and offering strong technical designs and enhancements.
- Agile development using Core Java, Flex, Spring and SQL;
- Producing SOLID code with excellent unit test coverage;
- Delivering solutions within a DevOps environment with a relentless focus on automation of testing and deployment via TeamCity, and similar tools;
- Recognising, selecting and applying appropriate design patterns, frameworks according to business benefit, maintainability and delivery priorities and constrains;
- Training and development of the technical and organisational skills of junior programmers;
- Analysis, estimation and prioritisation of tasks;
- Building relationships and trust with Front Office and Middle Office teams, as well as other technology teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science, Mathematics or Scientific discipline;
- Developed a medium to large size Java application covering:
- Core Java;
- Adobe Flex;
- Knowledge of HTTP protocol and web services;
- General server side development;
- Multi-threaded code.
- Database development ideally using Oracle;
- Agile development (preferably Scrum/Kanban);
- Experience building systems in another bank or financial software house;
- Excellent communication and team skills;
- Regular and confident interaction with end-users and customers.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Oracle PL/SQL;
- Providing support and resolving issues for systems in production;
- Cross-region teams and projects;
- Experience with Atlassian suite of products: JIRA, confluence;
- Knowledge of Git/Stash;
- Knowledge of TeamCity.
- Opportunity to work in a successful international company with a stable background;
- Perspective and diverse work in an attractive and constantly evolving fields;
- Opportunity to participate in the development of the company and shape its professional image;
- Large space for self-fulfillment, pursue their own creative ideas, participation in the new projects of the company;
- Possibility to work in a friendly multicultural environment and to grow professionally within worldwide EPAM;
- Regular trainings and good opportunities for professional growing and development;
- Partial grant of the cost of certification;
- Motivating financial evaluation (negotiable, based on an expertise and achieved results).