This position is within HARMAN’s Infotainment Services Division. We have an opening for a Sr. Manager, Product Line Management to lead the financial and marketing activities required for the development and implementation of the HMI Cross-Platform Application Toolchain (HCAT). The Sr. Manager will use a market-driven approach to conceptualize, develop, launch, manage and enhance our Qt-based UI Framework/Toolchain, and promote this both external to HARMAN as well as amongst HARMAN divisions. This broad role is responsible for driving teams in a matrixed environment to define and develop products that maximize current product usage and build the next generation products. The position reports to the Sr Director, Solutions and is responsible for managing a cross-functional team that will vary in size based on the number of active projects. Over time, the position will lead a team focused on scaling product management activities.
- Market Analysis
- Develop subject matter expertise about market, customer, and competitive trends to effectively position HARMAN solutions. This requires performing market research, analyzing competitors, and meeting with OEM and internal-HARMAN customers. As the leader of a virtual cross functional team, the individual must ensure that business decisions and team priorities align with customer and end-user perspectives.
- Product Definition
- Define the vision and strategy for product concepts that will bring disruptive and game-changing technologies to OEM customers and aftermarket channel accounts. The individual will create requirement documents, user stories, functional specifications, product roadmaps, mock-ups, business cases and other conceptual documentation to guide the technical teams during the product development process. In addition, the individual will develop, prioritize, and manage the product backlog in a lean /Agile environment.
- Product Development
- Lead cross functional teams, including product marketing, finance and other experts, to prepare marketing, pricing, distribution, and other business plans that establish the go-to-market strategies for products. In addition, this individual needs to work closely with the engineering, quality assurance, and other technical teams to refine requirements, resolve issues, solve problems and make decisions during product development activities. This individual will participate in acceptance testing and help conduct internal usability testing for all products.
- Product Launch
- During product launch, this individual will manage all tactical go-to-market activities. These activities include providing product support for sales activities and on-site customer visits; coordinating communication among internal and external groups such as marketing, tech services, internal/external education, engineering, sales, and executive leadership; and, act as a product spokesperson for HARMAN and tradeshows, industry events and conferences.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Requires a Bachelors’ degree in either marketing, finance, computer science or engineering.
- Preferred background includes BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field, and MBA or equivalent experience collaborating with marketing, sales, senior management team preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of total experience with 5 to 7 years related experience in marketing or product management, including a proficiency in managing product categories for national retailers.
- Must have previous experience within the consumer electronics, automotive aftermarket, and/or automotive navigation/infotainment industry. Wireless and cloud-services are also preferred.
- Comfortable working within a small, agile team in a fast-paced, environment.
- Ability to quickly adapt and excel within HARMAN’s development process to test and learn product culture.
- Excellent oral and written communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively with business and technology leaders.
- Relationship building techniques and the ability to work well locally, globally, and cross-functionally.
- Experience managing external and internal vendors and partners.
- Periods of extensive travel may be required to support product launch, customer and marketing events.
- Must be adept at developing, prioritizing and testing new product concepts, building minimum viable products and determining which features are required for HARMAN to win in the marketplace.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Change Agent: HARMAN has prided itself historically on developing the industry’s highest-quality and ground-breaking technological infotainment solutions. As a result, the company has been heavily engineering-centric and task-oriented. The new SBU Infotainment Services requires the Director of Product Line Management to be a change agent, in a way that brings discipline to the new product development process, a more results-oriented approach to the work at hand, and a consumer-centric view and design-driven innovation to the planning process. Success will be measured not only by product superiority, but also by new product contribution margin, timeliness-to-market, and cost of quality. HARMAN wants to "re-invent" the category and be a top market share and profit share leader.
- Innovation Orientation: A critical contribution of this executive is to develop the product roadmap and improve the New Product Introduction (NPI) process. The first task at hand is to revitalize the new product pipeline in which HARMAN currently competes. Specifically, the need is to boost new product positioning and features, with contribution to product sales. This may be a one-to-two year undertaking; however, the longer term challenge is to put HARMAN into the driver’s seat as it relates to developing truly novel innovative UI/HMI.
- Team Building and Communication: In the context of a company that has historically worked in silos, this manager will be expected to be part of a global, cross-functional team with accountability for aligning the SBU around the New Product agenda. This will entail the management of matrix teams, including working with externally-focused Region Business Unit leaders, and the engineering & sourcing teams whose technical expertise will need to be directed toward the projects deemed to be most promising in the market. This individual will be successful by demonstrating an ability to work with and understand the engineering behind the technology, but also by demonstrating an innate ability to connect with consumers and customers to bring new products to market that will be meaningful, and therefore will be in high demand.
- Work in international team on brand new projects always using cutting edge technologies. Our employees get training on the job and technical trainings. We grant a great package of additional benefits such as flexible working time, medical insurance, English classes, sport and event programs.
- We also grant Relocation package for candidates from other cities composed of monetary bonuses and organizational assistance.
Полная занятость, полный день