Leads, directs, and manages the Air Product and related functions at a given site, to assure consistent quality service, customer satisfaction, profitability, cost efficient operations, and compliance with R.F. and international requirements, laws, standards, requirements, and other regulatory guidelines governing the export, import, receipt, and documentation of imported and exported products via air. Models and acts in accordance with our guiding principles and core values.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Works to align operations and market strategy, such as defining market potential, identifying key customers, and supporting business development activities.
- Ensures the air operational and financial performance, aligns budget to market, ensures the accuracy of results, reviews financial results with teams, and implements adjustments as required.
- Collaborates and aligns with business development on local strategy, campaigns, participating in weekly meetings, supporting large or key customers, and seeks ways to gain competitive advantages.
- Manages the air quote process to ensure timely processing, accuracy, performance, escalation and approval; negotiates with customers or providers to secure best cost or price.
- Manages the services and performance of air vendors, third party providers, and other relationships.
- Oversee or compute air tariffs, price conversions, weight, and volume of merchandise exported to foreign destinations.
- Maximize profitability through superior service to customers, effective and prompt communications, and follow-up of all pending matters with the customer, including changes, scheduling, new regulations, bonding/insurance requirements, and general industry expertise, etc.
Education & Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in International Business, Transportation, Finance, Logistics, Supply Chain Solutions, or equivalent combination of work experience.
- Five years of progressive air freight experience
- Indepth knowledge of the company’s or related products, services, and operations.
- Sales and business development principles and practices.
- Applying related laws, rules, and regulations.
- Knowledgeable in R.F. Customs and International trade with a basic understanding of customs valuation, classification, Compliance Rules and Regulations.
- Communicate business and financial results.
- Communicate and interact effectively with people from multi-functional and diverse backgrounds.
- Read, analyse, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from management, employees, and customers.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Understand issues, problems, and opportunities, and compare data from different sources to draw conclusions, analyse complex problems, develop alternative solutions, and reach outcomes.
- Create an environment to make customers’ needs a priority and develop and sustain productive relationships.
- Read, analyse, and interpret highly complex regulations and procedures, and write correspondence and procedural documents.
- Allocate decision-making authority and tasks to other to maximize the organization’s and individuals’ effectiveness.
- Ability to plan, organize, and manage multiple projects and set priorities.
- Ability to develop and use collaborative relationships to listen, share ideas, and appreciating others’ efforts to accomplish work goals.
- Maintain stable performance under pressure or opposition, and handle stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and the organization.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet, web-based and job specific software applications.
- Travel may be required at least 10% of the time in the domestic R.F.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE PREVIOUS AIR FREIGHT EXPERIENCE.