Virtuozzo is the leading provider of virtualization and cloud infrastructure software that enables service providers, ISVs and enterprises to deliver secure, robust, and hyper-converged virtualized platforms to launch applications and cloud services. An industry pioneer, Virtuozzo developed the first commercially available container technology in 2001, which today is used by over 500 worldwide partners to enable over 5,000,000 virtual environments running mission critical cloud workloads. Virtuozzo is also an owner and/or major contributor to numerous open source projects such OpenVZ, CRIU, KVM, Docker and Linux.
Technical Support Engineer (TSE) is responsible for providing quality and professional support for Virtuozzo products, serving customers from all over the world. This role interacts with people who need to have problems solves, answers provided, and technical solutions. In this role you will interact with different cultures, and get to solve customer and technical challenges every day! For anyone who is interested in building a career with opportunities for promotions, and the potential to gain skills that may lead to international travel and exciting jobs on-site with customers, then this is the place to start! Come join one of the most exciting technology companies in Russia and start building your career today.
Position with night shifts!
- Analyzes and evaluates the technical performance and reliability of products, systems and services against identified industry standards to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Implements technical service restorations and troubleshooting procedures for identifying, testing and diagnosing computer system and peripheral equipment faults.
- Provides input and recommendations regarding business continuance issues and improvements to the operations of systems and processes supported.
- Ensures optimal availability of related systems, e.g. content production applications portfolio in order to meet the contracted service levels for 2nd and 3rd level support
- Responsible for problem solving by applying the correct procedures and documentation, and providing feedback according to SLA
- Responsible for maintenance regarding system configurations, procedures and securities
- Fluent English
- Previous experience as a system administrator (Windows Server/ *nix/ Mac OS)
- Ability and willingness to work night shifts
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Logical and Analytical Thinking
- Problem solving and investigation
- Ability to stay calm & focused under pressure
- Time management and able to deliver on deadlines
- Conceptualizing and creative thinking skills
- Use experience to make informed decisions
- Be proactive and take initiative
- Demonstrate a in depth understanding of own area of specification
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively with others
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Engineering (preferably Computer Science) or equivalent
- Experience with networking and network services configuration
- Understanding of OS structure and configuration skills (both Windows or Linux)
- Understanding of system logs and experience with troubleshooting/monitoring utilities
- Microsoft, Redhat, LPI or Apple certificates (optional but would be a good bonus)