Purpose of Worldwide Licensing & Pricing (Corp group):
Accountable for leading and orchestrating Business Groups, Segments and Field Sales for Global Development and Implementation of licensing business models that make it easy for customers to acquire, use, and manage Volume Licensing products and maximize Microsoft’s long term profitability.
Purpose and mission of the role:
Accountable for leading and orchestrating segments, field sales and business groups for global development and implementation of Online Services and Licensing business models that make it easy for customers to acquire and consume Online Services and Volume Licensing, maximizing Microsoft’s long term profit.
This role will report to the Director of CEE & MEA Business Desk, which reports into Worldwide Licensing and Pricing (WWLP) organization which is a corporate group at Microsoft.
As a Licensing Executive, you will be responsible for creating solutions to enable sale and consumption of Online Services and volume licensing for our commercial and public sector customers in Russia and in the long-term CEE. The Licensing Executive team is also responsible to provide feedback on existing Online Services and licensing contractual solutions, business opportunities/challenges along with developing and piloting alternative Online Services and licensing offerings within specific geographies.
Most of the customers will have unique licensing needs that you will address in the context of Microsoft’s volume licensing programs, and, in collaboration with the account teams, present to customers. You will operate as the subject matter expert and provide leadership and coaching to EPG, Public sector and or Corporate Accounts’ sales and licensing community and be a trusted advisor for local and regional management with respect to complex Online Services and licensing issues and related topics.
Interface with the Redmond based Marketing groups, deal desks, WWLP, CELA (Corporate External and Legal Affairs), and Operations to ensure that the solutions developed meet the short and long term needs of both the customer and Microsoft while minimizing internal costs and any associated liabilities. Take a leadership role in working directly with the country executives to help determine how best to drive the business forward while ensuring that customer satisfaction remains a top priority.
The responsibility that comes with this role requires an experienced profile with background in large enterprise sales and ideally in volume agreements of online services and commercial software. The role owner is expected to negotiate at General Manager and CxO level, both internally and externally.
Responsibilities for the role:
As a Licensing Executive, you will be responsible for all custom licensing solutions for our largest commercial and public sector customers in Russia and then CEE for EPG, PS and Corporate Accounts Segments. You will support the Russian and CEE’s Volume Licensing business growth and help maximize opportunities in new areas. You will operate as the Subject Matter Expert and provide leadership and coaching to Russian and CEE EPG, PS and Corporate Accounts sales and licensing community and be a trusted advisor for local and regional management with respect to complex licensing issues and related topics.
The responsibility that comes with this role requires a senior and experienced individual with background in corporate sales and ideally in volume licensing of commercial software. This role is part of the “Business Desk” and reports into our Worldwide Licensing and Pricing (WWLP) organization, specifically to the Director of CEE & MEA Business Desk. WWLP is a corporate group at Microsoft. Finally, you should be able to motivate a team of highly skilled professionals in the Russia and Central Eastern Europe, who are experts in negotiating strategy and MS volume licensing.
- Balance between revenue facilitation and control function
- Close business by negotiating customized licensing deals. Minimize risk to Microsoft by making business and legal decisions outside of field sales empowerment.
- Architect of all custom agreements and lead negotiator / advisor for complex deals
- Broad legal and financial authority, with extensive understanding of concession risks, compliancy measures, Microsoft Policies and Guidance and cost of sales implications
- Accountable for making tough trade off decisions regarding licensing concessions that have a material short and long term impact to Microsoft and our customers
- Support Microsoft licensing R&D through field and customer structured feed-back and by implementing pilot licensing programs proposed by WWLP
- Advisor to local Sales Management with regards to complex licensing solutions, custom concessions, field and Business Desk empowerment, discounting practices and overall management of large deal portfolio
- Advisor & key contact to the regional CEE HQ Mgmt. functions for your respective area
- Creates and enables creative contractual solutions in ambiguous situations.
- This position is responsible for providing complex analytical and contract negotiation support to the field sales organization in Russia and Central Eastern Europe.
- Participates in the negotiation of final terms and conditions necessary to close custom deals and other key volume licensing agreements
- Support WWLP in general by working on process improvement projects or new and creative licensing solutions
- Transfer knowledge to the Licensing Sales Specialist community in the respective area
- Participate in research and development efforts within the WWLP team on a project basis
- Provide ongoing feedback to Program Development to create a programmatic offering to the marketplace
- Participate or lead Business Desk projects for efficiently developing and communicating specific licensing solutions or organizational process improvements
- Represent Microsoft’s position on common business or legal negotiations for concessions offered within Business desk empowerment levels.
- Able to successfully engage, support and assist Sales, subsidiary and Area management to drive appropriate business practice and consistency.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of 6 years of direct Sales experience with commercial Enterprise / Global / Public Sector customers.
- Excellent demonstrated decision-making, analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Able to apply creativity in a changing environment to find the best customer solutions.
- Sustained track record of high impact (result oriented)
- In depth knowledge of local & area marketplace, particularly in the Russia and Central Eastern Europe area, competition, and specific challenges of major industry sectors driving negotiation behavior
- Clean track record of adherence to Microsoft compliancy measures and policies is a mandate. Candidates who had compliancy notices will not be invited to the interviews. (for internal candidates)
- Ability to work in changing virtual teams is key as you will be required to collaborate across Microsoft’s field sales, licensing, specialist, legal, finance, processing, and product teams.
- Fluent spoken and written English and Russian language is a key requirement for this job, as most all communications and the preparations of the contracts, as well as ongoing training and knowledge sharing and WWLP internal communication are in English language. In addition, you will be required to back up other Licensing Executives covering other countries in CEE & MEA -or other EMEA.
- Effective communication skills and ability to successfully work in a highly collaborative manner across a variety of geographies and departments both inside and outside of Microsoft.
- Position is based in Moscow, and no relocation support will be given for candidates applying outside Moscow.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of colour, race, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.