Beamr is the world leader in encoding technology, video processing and media optimization solutions. Backed by more than 60 International patents filed and granted, world-class investors, and a team of 80 people working from Palo Alto, California, Tel Aviv and St. Petersburg Russia. Beamr products and technologies enable the world’s top Hollywood studios, streaming video services, pay TV operators, media companies, social networks, e-commerce sites and publishers to deliver the very best quality and user experience possible.
As a result of the strong market acceptance for Beamr’s H.264 and HEVC media optimization and encoding products and solutions, we are expanding the QA team in Saint Petersburg Russia with the position of QA Engineer (Junior). We’re looking for a talented QA Engineer to join our team and to participate in our rigorous testing process as a part of software release cycle. Working on leading technologies, our team strives to provide an energetic atmosphere that encourages the free exchange of ideas and opinions with a focus on professional growth.
Responsibilities of the position:
- Participation in testing of video preprocessing, analysis and compression software.
- Analysis of visual quality, performance, efficiency and other aspects of video compression software.
- Manual and automated testing in accordance with provided test-plans.
- Test status analysis and results reporting.
- Software defects submit via bug tracking system (Jira).
Requirements of the position:
- Degree in mathematics, computer science, or electrical engineering.
- Advanced computer user with knowledge of different operating systems and tools.
- Ability to work with command line interface tools including simple shell scripting (cmd, bash, FAR, Total Commander, etc.)
- Knowledge of software development fundamentals.
- Hands-on experience in programming on languages like Python, Perl, C, C++ including in university projects.
- Good English level.
- Quick and independent learner.
- Ability to meet deadlines and commitments.
- Good communication skills, good team player.
- Experience with video compression software and codecs is a strong plus (FFMPEG, x264 etc).
- Start-up experience a strong plus.
What we offer:
- Work in a friendly professional team. Absolutely no bureaucracy in our working process.
- Professional growth, including automated testing skills.
- Comfortable office (open 24/7) with hot shower, tea and coffee. Close to metro station.
- Free parking near the office.
- Competitive salary (discussable, but definitely above industry average).
- Medical insurance.
- Flexible working schedule.
- English classes in the office.
- Possible travel with business trips and professional conferences in the US or Israel.