English Language Teacher: Kazakh-British Technical University
- Kazakh British Technical University is one of Kazakhstan's leading higher education institutions, enjoying international recognition, excellent facilities and benefitting from collaboration with universities and organizations around the globe.
- We are currently looking for talented, dynamic new teachers of English to join our English Language Sector, within the Department of Humanities. Our teachers are required to have excellent English language skills and familiarity with communicative, student-centered methodologies. The post will include teaching disciplines such as Academic, Business, Conversational and Professional English for IT, and Business, so applicants with experience of teaching these subjects or working in higher education institutions are especially welcomed.
- As a teacher in the English Sector, you will have the chance to work alongside an experienced, enthusiastic and friendly team of teachers from around the world. Furthermore, working at KBTU affords ample opportunities for professional development.
- Teachers should be available to start work from the 9th of January 2017. Full time and part time contracts available.
An ideal candidate should:
- Hold a Bachelors degree in English language teaching + a Masters or Candidate of Sciences in Linguistics (from a Kazakhstani university) OR Hold a Masters Degree in an education, English or Linguistics field (from an international university)
- Have excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
- Have committed, enthusiastic and creative approach to teaching
- Hold CELTA, Cert. TESOL, DELTA or equivalent
- Experience of teaching EAP, ESP, Business English or English for Conversation
- Experience of working in a higher educational context
- Experience of materials, syllabus and/or assessment design.
- Interest in teacher training and development
- An interest in research
Please send your CV (with picture) in English and Russian to Louise Wheeler