We are looking for a local Planning Engineer to be initially located residential in Aktau. The position will later be BTB, located in Prorva on a 28/28 rotation.
- Develops the project Scheduling Plan (a detailed plan conforming to the PEP strategies and objectives)
- Defines roles and responsibilities for planning and scheduling activities
- Proactively develops relationships, identifies opportunities to add value, and engage team members as needed
- Recommends and implements scheduling systems for the project, coordinating resources from IT and other functional groups.
- Provides resource planning and project schedules for various types of projects
- Coordinates with the project teams to develop Owner's team schedules, and high level overall project schedules before contractor selection.
- Prepares and manages overall master project schedule integrating the project Work Breakdown Structure using an appropriate scheduling software package.
- Coordinates schedule from multiple contractors and incorporate the information gathered into the overall project master schedule.
- Monitors and forecasts progress of activities in contractors’ work schedules. Highlight problem areas and recommend remedial actions.
- Evaluates critical paths in the project schedules and evaluate alternative schedule options to identify optimum project strategies or resolve problems before and during execution.
- Develops and implements plan versus actual progress curves. Reports and analyses monthly deviations from plan. Evaluates allocation of resources and provide recommendations to maintain required progress.
- Liaises with all team leaders to communicate required completion dates and interfaces between responsible parties.
- Work closely with cost engineer and accountant for expenditure and value of work forecasting.
- Prepares and issues updated project schedules.
- Works closely with Cost Control for expenditure forecasting and progress
- Ensure that all planning and scheduling processes, methods and systems are functioning in accordance with the requirements and expectations defined by the Project common planning and scheduling guidelines
- Support Project scenario planning, risk assessment and management processes as needed for schedule risk analysis as directed by the Project Business Services Project Control Planning Lead