Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World.™
Situated on the river banks of Esil, in the heart of Astana's Central Park and in the center of the Diplomatic district The St. Regis Astana will open early 2017.
120 sumptuous guest suites feature a unique identity of discreet luxury. The hotel will embrace a specialty grill restaurant where guests enjoy an unrivaled service and sample the best ingredients or indulge in the flawless luxury of Iridium Spa after a long day of captivating city impressions or business meetings.
Position Title - Laundry Manager
Report to – Director of Rooms/Housekeeping Manager
- Manage all aspects of the care and cleaning of guest and associate laundry, dry cleaning and linen.
- Responsible for the selection, supervision, training and coaching of all laundry and valet staff.
- Responsibilities also include, but are not limited to, managing the administrative function of the department, overseeing the quality of the product produced, ensuring that equipment is in good working order and that the department is operating in accordance to OSHA and state safety regulations.
- Supervise, select, train, coach, and counsel staff. Maintain Starwood policies and procedures. Schedule staff in accordance to occupancy demands.
- Manage the administrative functions of the laundry department. Process paperwork accurately and in a timely manner, conduct and oversee inventory of linen, comply production information for reporting purposes, and perform forecasting and department budget on a monthly and annual basis.
- Oversee the quality of product produced, ensuring that all equipment is in good, working order and that the department is operating in accordance to OSHA and state safety regulations. Report malfunctioning equipment immediately for prompt repair.
- Coordinate maintenance and repair of equipment with Engineering Department.
- Conduct regular department meetings with staff to inform them of pertinent information, such as safety in the workplace, hotel events, retraining, and guest/occupancy.
- Resolve guest complaints.
- May be required to work any of the positions in the laundry.
- Perform cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as necessary and assigned.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English and Russian
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills as well as budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Most tasks are performed in a team environment with the employee acting as a team leader. There is minimal direct supervision.
- Physical Demands
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature generally is moderate and controlled by the hotel environmental systems; however, must be able to keep under control its business in different environments.
- Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 6 hours per day. Walking and standing are required during the rest of the working day. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to lift up to 18 kilos on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 100 kilos frequently.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near and color vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
- High school or equivalent education required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Few years of experience managing entry-level employees. Minimum two years housekeeping/laundry management experience. Some hotel experience required.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Starwood standards.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.