- Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World.™
- Situated on the river banks of Esil, in the heart of Astana's Central Park and in the center of the Diplomatic district The St. Regis Astana will open early 2017.
- 120 sumptuous guest suites feature a unique identity of discreet luxury. The hotel will embrace a specialty grill restaurant where guests enjoy an unrivaled service and sample the best ingredients or indulge in the flawless luxury of Iridium Spa after a long day of captivating city impressions or business meetings.
Position Title - Front Office Manager
Report to – Director of Rooms
- To ensure the professional and effective running of the day-to-day Rooms operation in accordance with all St Regis Service Standards and in line with Starwood Hotels and Resorts Policies and Procedures
- To be responsible for short and long term planning and day-to-day operations of the rooms and related areas. Recommend budget and manage expenses/margins within approved budget constraints.
- Coordinate all activities, operations and running of Front Office – whilst actively displaying a proactive front of house leadership style.
- Together with direct reports, take a leading role in positively representing the company with guests, reinforcing a customer focused approach to hotel operations at all times – and harnessing Guest Satisfaction Index (GSI) data is a tool to measure success
- Provide clear leadership for quality and Process Improvement initiatives aligned with business goals and objectives, maintaining close liaison and support for teams – specifically Six Sigma/Progress
- Identify opportunities for resources and facilities and implement best practices.
- Maintain, implement and adhere to standard policies, systems and procedures relating to hotel operations, including health and safety systems and quality standards, and systems contingency planning.
- Set up and maintain a high level of personal service and guest recognition, with particular attention to VIP's and amenities.
- Together with the Reservations Manager, ensure that reservation patterns, overbooking and yield opportunities are maximised to best effect.
- Continually develop and enhance the Front Office Incentive Programme to ensure that opportunities and Incremental revenues are maximised.
- Ensure quality of data is maintained within the property management system enabling accurate guest history and sales information.
- Ensure that all written guest feedback concerning Front Office/Rooms is responded to within 48 hours of receipt.
- Actively participate in the annual marketing and operating plan processes as required
- Ensure that all Front of House Public areas are well maintained and kept to a high standard of cleanliness and good repair
- Ensure effective channels of communication are in place maximising the opportunities of distributing the information available - and encouraging ideas and participation from all team members, through monthly team briefings, daily morning meetings and daily operations meetings
- Supply and co-ordinate effective training to enable all front office staff to carry out their duties as required. Ensure Training profiles are in place and kept up to date
- Participate as a member of the Hotels Fire and Emergency Team as required
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position requires the performance of a combination of the following supportive functions within the hotel:
- Actively promote the hotel program to both guests and employees – ensuring all benefits are promoted and understood, and that annual enrolment targets are met
- To assist the hotel in achieving Employee Satisfaction targets through good working practices and team liaison. Monitor employee morale and turnover, proactively supporting the Employee Satisfaction Index (ESI) process and ensuring action plans are established and followed up to address issues.
- To monitor and analyse customer feedback/data and where applicable act upon guest comment through the Guest Satisfaction Index and In House data collection methods (e.g. Guest Questionnaire/comment cards)
- Actively solicit guest opinion by ensuring a strong lobby presence – meeting guests regularly, and assist Head Housekeeper in checking guestrooms to ensure standard of product is maintained.
- Develop and identify new business opportunities
- Ensure that the hotel maintains a competitive edge by identifying new product and service enhancements
- Carry out appraisals, encouraging 2 way feedback – and to utilise the opportunity to set goals and objectives ensuring all staff are working to the same goals and objectives
- Actively lead and encourage participation in company approved Community Service Initiatives
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, write and converse freely in English and Russian
- Must be able to lift heavy luggage
- Must be able to stand 8hrs a day while maintaining a smile and positive attitude
- Must be proactive
- High school diploma required, additional hospitality or butler training preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of Internet/MS Office applications and related IT preferred.
- At least 2 years of experience within the hospitality industry in a supervisory position. Front Office Experience preferred.
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Starwood standards.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.